Calendar help!

Sarah Young3

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I am looking for a calendar app that will let me know which calendar my notification is for. I have awesome calendar now and when my notifications pop up they don't tell me which calendar the notification is for.

Sarah Young3

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I have done that- I use different calendars for each family member. When I receive and already it doesn't say which calendar (family member) it is for.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have done that- I use different calendars for each family member. When I receive and already it doesn't say which calendar (family member) it is for.

It might work better if you used the same Calendar for everyone. Regardless, it seems if the Notification says "John's Dr. Appointment", you would not need to know which Calendar it came from.. Maybe your events need to be more specific in title.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Do this. You use a Master Calendar with everyone's stuff. The others use their separate calendars. They only get notifications for their stuff. You get notifications for all. But you have to enter the events in theirs and yours.

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
It will show when I pull down my day notification page. It will have a bar with the color assigned to the person.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1441237649.485863.jpg

Yellow is me. It's not perfect but to make things really clear when I make appointments for people I use their initials.

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't think what you're asking is possible right now but maybe someone else will come by with an idea or it might be something doable in iOS 9.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Like I suggested earlier, use a Master Calendar for yourself with everyone's events. Then everyone else with their own Calendar. You would need to enter events twice for everything. In the master and the other. But you would get notifications that would say who and what. They would get their notifications. There's not any other way. Notifications go with the Calendar that's set as default in Settings >Mail,Contacts and Calendar >Calendars> set as default.

Sarah Young3

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I don't need the notification to go to the person- just me. On my lock screen I would like the color of the calendar to show up. I'm not sure it is possible with any calendar (stock or downloaded).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't need the notification to go to the person- just me. On my lock screen I would like the color of the calendar to show up. I'm not sure it is possible with any calendar (stock or downloaded).

Unfortunately, that does not exist. Even if it showed color, you would only see yellow. You're not going to get notifications from all calendars. Only the one you designate as default.
Send Apple feedback requesting the option to see notification colors from multiple calendars.
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2