iPhone 6 design minor issues?

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
iphone 6 design minor issues

so i compared 2 different iphone6s . the 64gb seemed to have sharper edges than the 16gb . the 16gb has a smooth change around the connection of the screen and the rear housing. At the 64gb you can definetely feel the sharpness . I think maybe there is different housing for each iphone because of its capacity. also i noticed that the 64gb has a headphone port slightly off the phone. not even noticable , but i can tell the difference between the 16gb. what do you think? thanks for your time

koltonh2002

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: iphone 6 design minor issues

so i compared 2 different iphone6s . the 64gb seemed to have sharper edges than the 16gb . the 16gb has a smooth change around the connection of the screen and the rear housing. At the 64gb you can definetely feel the sharpness . I think maybe there is different housing for each iphone because of its capacity. also i noticed that the 64gb has a headphone port slightly off the phone. not even noticable , but i can tell the difference between the 16gb. what do you think? thanks for your time

ummm

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Well I'll tell you what I KNOW...I know that the chassis components of the iPhone are identical regardless of storage size, so the same metal pieces, screen and body parts on the 16GB are mirrors on the 64GB and 128GB.

What I THINK is that you're either A.) Reflecting differences between a tiny sample size of two devices...or B.) You're imagining things...and I'm leaning towards the latter.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Nope. This is not the case. Period.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I think you have too much time on your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site

i know it sounds that i pay a lot more attention than needed but its true.I quess there is a difference between the 2 divices . Anyway . lets day that i DONT imagine things ... compared to yours device ... is your egdes smooth or there is a tiny step between the screen and the metal? thanks :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

i know it sounds that i pay a lot more attention than needed but its true.I quess there is a difference between the 2 divices . Anyway . lets day that i DONT imagine things ... compared to yours device ... is your egdes smooth or there is a tiny step between the screen and the metal? thanks :)

Ok, just to humor you, I checked mine. ZERO sharp edges. Nothing but a finely engineered fit between the frame and the glass. So I am going with "you DO imagine things". Moving on.

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site

i dont understand why u guys believe so desperately that apple doesnt make mistakes and u blame people minds rather than average apple factories

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

i dont understand why u guys believe so desperately that apple doesnt make mistakes and u blame people minds rather than average apple factories

Dude give it a rest. No one cares that you believe that is a difference.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I am not desperate to believe anything. Apple is not perfect, and it does make mistakes from time to time. But in this case, you are flat out wrong.

You are the one with the far-fetched notion that the 16gb phones are fine, but the 64gb phones have sharp edges. You based this "finding" on a universe of TWO devices out of the millions manufactured and sold. I get it that you believe that your 64gb phone has sharp edges, and that your contention is that, because yours has sharp edges, they all do. That is not only not true, it's preposterous.

And I have no idea what you're trying to say is wrong with the headphone jack... what do you mean that the port is "slightly off the phone"?

Perhaps you have been reading too many spy novels and got caught up in some conspiracy theory. But you could not be more wrong with your suppositions and your "findings".

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site

no am just trying to spot out the difference. its crystal clear that it isnt possible to get a 100% copy since you are talking about objects not documents. so i missunderstood about the 16 and the 64. There would be no reason to open a topic about it if i didnt actualy spot out a small difference between the two products.

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site

and no i dont give a single fck about consipracy and stuff. ive been support west since forever so u better be more polite. no reson to be that offensive guys.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

its a forum so people CARE about topic. it would be easier for you to not join the topic if you didnt actually care.

The iPhone 6 has been out for almost a year and no one has mentioned this " design issue " that you think you have discovered. You're like 11 months too late for this to matter even if it were true.
Come up with something else to troll about.

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site

The iPhone 6 has been out for almost a year and no one has mentioned this " design issue " that you think you have discovered. You're like 11 months too late for this to matter even if it were true.
Come up with something else to troll about.

u guys need to chill out. i dont claim the thing u say that i "discovered" as an iphone6 issue. i just wanted a mature opinion on the topic since i wasnt sure if this is normal or a problematic iphone (i am talking about the specific product) . but anw i quit u guys are so immature.

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

I think what you've happened upon here is the discovery, to you, of MANUFACTURING TOLERANCES. Nothing can be perfectly made; thus in an engineering sense, one must accept variances at the component level all the way thru to the final assembly stage. If anything, I would say that Apple has a narrow tolerance band on all their products.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro