Duplicating playlists

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I recently noticed an odd issue, not exactly sure when it started, but I think it was with updating to 8.4, though it may have been updating iTunes from 11.x to 12.x, as I did both at roughly the same time.

I have a set of playlists that I sync to my iPhone 6 via iTunes tethering. One of them duplicates and triplicates itself. For organizational purposes, this playlist is contained in a folder with other related playlists, and is manually managed. Also of note, when I use this playlist, I do so by using the "Add To Up Next" command so that when it's over, my regular playlist picks up where it left off.

When it duplicates, it is duplicating as a top-level playlist, and the duplicate's content is different. The ordering within is different and it usually is missing a few tracks. Last night, I noticed that I had two dupes, each with a different number of tracks each in a different order, neither of which matched the original playlist.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I have doubles of every playlist as well. It's pretty annoying. iTunes also duplicated all of my purchased music so on my Mac I know have 2 copies of all the music I bought. I deleted those, so hopefully they don't come back.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
yes this happens to me to with one playlist of mines everytime i edit and sync my phone for update. always have to delete it. its weird but guess i am not the only one this happens to

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro