Apple music difference to old music app?

Graham Lee77

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I installed iOS 8.4 on launch day last month and signed up to the trial of Apple music.

I used to stream my playlists and albums via Bluetooth to my car radio, which meant it had to be loaded on the phone before setting off and could only control forward skipping via the Bluetooth control.

I changed my Land Rover Discovery to an Audi A6 a couple of weeks ago which also allows BT streaming with the same limitations as above, but has a multimedia interface in the centre console.

I can connect my old iPod classic 30gb to this with no issues, browse its contents via the main dash screen and play whatever I like etc.

However, plugging my iPhone 6 with Apple music on it it just says incompatible iPod.

Thinking it was the car, a mate plugged his iPhone 6 plus in last night with the Apple music app but no subscription, and the car recognised it straight away. It couldn't play anything as he didn't have any music on it.

Both phones were running 8.4.

So is there a hardware fault with my 6 or is my Apple music subscription causing the issue?

I'm due to take this handset back to the Apple Store at the weekend as the front glass has started to lift in one corner all by itself so hopefully I should get a new handset as I've only had this replacement a month or so.

DJxDARIENx

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
When I connect my phone to my car, 2012 Chevy Cruze (Bluetooth and it also has the USB for my IPhone). Bluetooth never worked for my 6 plus but it worked on an iPhone 5 and 5s. For the USB everything phones up on it, I started my subscription and it shows through my car. I can pause play skip and go back. Even iTunes Radio works with these controls. It's probably just the car model not working well with Apple Music. My car with Google Play Music never recognized but it would play. I couldn't see the name of the song or anything, the music had to be controlled from the phone itself.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like the difference is you're streaming music from Apple Music (iow, not stored on the device) and your mate is using on-device music.If you turn Apple Music off on the phone, does the problem go away?

Graham Lee77

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Hadn't thought about turning it off. To be honest I didn't realise you could.

I've just downloaded 8.4.1 which reckons it fixes some Apple music issues.

I've also finally got it to download all my music so it can play offline.

I'll try in the morning to see if that makes a difference first and then try turning Apple music off temporarily.

Graham Lee77

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Well that didn't work.

Still doesn't see it as a compatible device after the update.

Also turning off Apple Music in settings and restarting the phone resulted in the same problem.

So I think it might be an issue with the handset rather than the software. As my friends 6 Plus worked and was running 8.4 as well and was detected by the car, it makes sense its not the car but the handset.

I've got an appointment with the Genius Bar tomorrow for the front glass lifting. As this is a replacement handset which I've only had for about 6 weeks, I'm sure they'll probably replace it, and fingers crossed this issue will go away.

Its either that or I go an buy a 4th or 5th gen ipod touch to leave in the car that can also use apple music...

Graham Lee77

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Just tried my iPad Air with Apple Music on it and that worked perfectly. So conclusion is it the iphone at fault in this circumstance.

I'll mention it at the apple store tomorrow.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods