I switched from iPhone 6 to galaxy s6 edge and now I'm back. With the 3gb of ram and high performance the phone was terrible. Battery died fast the ram problem was annoying and so much lag it got me annoyed. Since 6am with moderate usage 11 hours later my iPhone 6 is at 87% did apple do something to improve battery like wow
    08-04-2015 04:55 PM
    Thanks for sharing your experience, and welcome back.
    08-04-2015 05:20 PM
    I played with an s6 @ Best Buy the other day & was totally unimpressed. The OS is laggy, and a bit jerky...and although Samsung has finally come up to speed as far as build materials and fit/finish, it's still cheap feeling as opposed to the Apple product.

I've kicked around the idea of trying Android, but I'm staying with iPhone. It just works!
    pat74 likes this.
    08-04-2015 05:23 PM
    The only android phone worth trying is the note 4
    08-04-2015 05:55 PM
    ....in 'your' opinion...
    08-04-2015 06:31 PM
    The Note 4 and its awesomeness can certainly inspire that opinion. I've played with a Nexus 6 and recently bought a Nexus 5 and can assure you that the Note 4 is not the only Android phone worth having. Now, if I could only have one phone I must admit it would have to be my Note 4 and not my 6 Plus. The Note 4 just has a lot of character and is fun to use. That doesn't even take into account the S Pen. Most apps do, however, look nicer on iOS IMO.

from the Elegance
    DEman19901 likes this.
    08-04-2015 06:47 PM
    Thanks guys. Samsung s6 edge is a beautiful phone. But the Samsung os and Android os was to much for it to handle. The ram issue they haven't even addressed yet!
    08-04-2015 09:52 PM
    I'm curious what the "ram problem" was on the s6 edge
    08-05-2015 01:42 AM
    In Finland s6 users have reported that some new update has fixed ram problems and battery problems (17h on, 3.6 h screen on time) and still has 13% left. But on the other hand the same update haven't fixed problems for others.
    Glad I'm not on android. The most heard solution seems to be there " clear the cache, then it might work".
    08-05-2015 01:48 AM
    The Note 4 and its awesomeness can certainly inspire that opinion. I've played with a Nexus 6 and recently bought a Nexus 5 and can assure you that the Note 4 is not the only Android phone worth having. Now, if I could only have one phone I must admit it would have to be my Note 4 and not my 6 Plus. The Note 4 just has a lot of character and is fun to use. That doesn't even take into account the S Pen. Most apps do, however, look nicer on iOS IMO.

from the Elegance
    That's exactly my point. Of all the android phones if you had to carry one phone it would be the note 4. Nexus 5 is almost the perfect phone but the camera and battery life had me sell it. Nexus 6 is just too big. Note 4 is big enough but still manageable and great camera. BUT, iOS itself is still a better overall experience all together.
    08-05-2015 07:38 AM
    Glad to have you back in the iPhone fold.
    08-05-2015 08:01 AM
    Welcome back!
    08-05-2015 08:41 AM
    Welcome back to Apple and ConGrats on your new iPhone 6
    08-05-2015 08:42 AM
    Thanks everyone
    08-05-2015 11:09 AM
    Welcome back! I had a similar experience with my 2014 Moto X. I love the phone, still have it and use it, but I just don't keep my SIM in it. I keep it in my iPhone 99% of the time. The battery on the Moto X drains like crazy as well. I'm lucky if it "only" drops 3% per hour, compared to the iPhone which drops less than 1% per hour.
    08-05-2015 12:43 PM
    I switched from iPhone 6 to galaxy s6 edge and now I'm back. With the 3gb of ram and high performance the phone was terrible. Battery died fast the ram problem was annoying and so much lag it got me annoyed. Since 6am with moderate usage 11 hours later my iPhone 6 is at 87% did apple do something to improve battery like wow
    The reasonable resolution screen and dual core processor of the iPhone doesn't murder batteries like QHD screens and octo core processors.
    DEman19901 likes this.
    08-05-2015 02:36 PM
    The reasonable resolution screen and dual core processor of the iPhone doesn't murder batteries like QHD screens and octo core processors.
    Well, to be fair the Note 4 generally gets great battery life and it has an enviable QHD screen. My 6 Plus' screen easily looks as good to me though and that phone gets voodoo-like battery life. I swear there are little aliens inside it using weird technology to make the battery last and last.

from the Elegance
    Fit24 likes this.
    08-05-2015 06:16 PM
    I'll be upgrading to the 6s and leaving my Galaxy S6. This phone has the worst battery life I've ever experienced and I'm constantly getting booted out of group threads. I thought I had the texting problem fixed because I was able to keep a group thread going for a month but about 4 days ago I realized I was no longer seeing texts from the other group members again. Very frustrating.

Sent from a far away Galaxy
    jaleelhamid likes this.
    08-06-2015 08:17 AM
    I thought I wanted a change from iOS so I tried the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active for about 2 weeks....the battery life was great on that phone, but to be honest I just missed iOS and the fluidity and seamless user experience of my iPhone 6. I'm so glad I held on to my iPhone 6. I will use the S6 Active as a back up maybe or as a small reader, as the screen is a tad bit bigger than my iPhone 6, but I love my iPhone!
    08-06-2015 03:12 PM
    Great experience you shared. Though I already in my iPhone 6.
    08-07-2015 06:21 AM
    Interesting read. I'm currently using a European/umlocked S6 Edge in the US and absolutely love it. I haven't had any lag issues in the month I've owned it. My new employer will be getting me an iPhone 6 so I'm selling the S6, but frankly I think it's a better phone now that it's on Android 5.1.1, unless you prefer iOS, which I imagine most folks in this forum do. But it's hardware is better in most ways:

1. It's QHD screen is the most gorgeous screen on the market at the moment surpassing even the screen of the Note 4.

2. It's camera is insanely good, equal to the iPhone's, but with 16MP and OIS, which unfortunately only the 6+ has.

3. It's battery is indeed terrible compared to the iPhone, but the Qualcomm Quick Charge is so quick that if you have a charger with you at work, or a $20 quick charge car charger, you'll rarely ever run out of juice, never mind that it also supports both wireless charging standards out there.

I think most people who switched to the S6 from Apple are switching back because their operators haven't upgraded them to Android 5.1.1, and/or have added so much bloatware that they use up a ton of ram. It will be nice to see the day when Android can play without the operators getting in the way like Apple does. It will also be good for Apple fans since it is and will continue to create competition.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    08-07-2015 11:28 PM
    I got both iPhone 6 plus and Samsung Galaxy 6. My s6 doesn't have any lag or memory issue. Mine is tmobile version with android 5.1.1. I wonder if it has anything to do with manufactured date. Mine is 6/22 and made in vietnam.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    08-13-2015 12:33 PM
    To be fair, Samsung phones have never been known for their smoothness.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    jaleelhamid likes this.
    08-14-2015 11:25 PM
    I got both iPhone 6 plus and Samsung Galaxy 6. My s6 doesn't have any lag or memory issue. Mine is tmobile version with android 5.1.1. I wonder if it has anything to do with manufactured date. Mine is 6/22 and made in vietnam.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Maybe they fixed it after the manufacture date I got mine the first day
    08-15-2015 02:23 AM
    As others have stated the ram issue is fixed with 5.1.1. What it is is basically what the 6+ goes through with reloading apps. Overly harsh restrictions made by Samsung to counter any stuttering. I love my s6 as it is the first android device imo that has great build quality, amazing camera(like wow) and fingerprint scanner(not up to par with the iPhone though but like 95%). I'm trading it in for a note 5 as I was so impressed with a Samsung device finally that I wanted the s-pen especially since I will be transitioning to a job from graduate school soon. As for the lagginess, I have none but every phone is different. All that matters is that you enjoy your device; my note 5 gets here soon and I have sold my 6+ as I was finally not found wanting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-17-2015 06:42 PM
28 12