Back to iPhone 6

torbach1

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Interesting read. I'm currently using a European/umlocked S6 Edge in the US and absolutely love it. I haven't had any lag issues in the month I've owned it. My new employer will be getting me an iPhone 6 so I'm selling the S6, but frankly I think it's a better phone now that it's on Android 5.1.1, unless you prefer iOS, which I imagine most folks in this forum do. But it's hardware is better in most ways:

1. It's QHD screen is the most gorgeous screen on the market at the moment surpassing even the screen of the Note 4.

2. It's camera is insanely good, equal to the iPhone's, but with 16MP and OIS, which unfortunately only the 6+ has.

3. It's battery is indeed terrible compared to the iPhone, but the Qualcomm Quick Charge is so quick that if you have a charger with you at work, or a $20 quick charge car charger, you'll rarely ever run out of juice, never mind that it also supports both wireless charging standards out there.

I think most people who switched to the S6 from Apple are switching back because their operators haven't upgraded them to Android 5.1.1, and/or have added so much bloatware that they use up a ton of ram. It will be nice to see the day when Android can play without the operators getting in the way like Apple does. It will also be good for Apple fans since it is and will continue to create competition.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I got both iPhone 6 plus and Samsung Galaxy 6. My s6 doesn't have any lag or memory issue. Mine is tmobile version with android 5.1.1. I wonder if it has anything to do with manufactured date. Mine is 6/22 and made in vietnam.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I got both iPhone 6 plus and Samsung Galaxy 6. My s6 doesn't have any lag or memory issue. Mine is tmobile version with android 5.1.1. I wonder if it has anything to do with manufactured date. Mine is 6/22 and made in vietnam.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Maybe they fixed it after the manufacture date I got mine the first day

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
As others have stated the ram issue is fixed with 5.1.1. What it is is basically what the 6+ goes through with reloading apps. Overly harsh restrictions made by Samsung to counter any stuttering. I love my s6 as it is the first android device imo that has great build quality, amazing camera(like wow) and fingerprint scanner(not up to par with the iPhone though but like 95%). I'm trading it in for a note 5 as I was so impressed with a Samsung device finally that I wanted the s-pen especially since I will be transitioning to a job from graduate school soon. As for the lagginess, I have none but every phone is different. All that matters is that you enjoy your device; my note 5 gets here soon and I have sold my 6+ as I was finally not found wanting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Well I gave my iPhone 6 to my wife and picked up the g6 edge. OMG what a mistake. Hate the dang thing. Now I got 2 phones on the att next plan and stuck.

dheerpat

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
seems my story, i fell for the curves of golden edge, within 15 days sold it off and bought ip6..edge was too uncomfortable ergonomically,constant fear of dropping and shattering the glass, or getting stolen on daily commutes.had to sell it at a huge loss, seems no one is buying specially gold color. apart from splendid screen and camera not worth.

srome

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Exact same thing with me, got the Galaxy S6 Edge after I gave the wife my iPhone 6. The S6 Edge without doubt is one of if not the best looking phone available today, but ran like a dog. Laggy with the memory leak issue and this was still not fixed for me after 5.1.1, battery drained very quick and got really hot to. I'm now back with another iPhone 6 and I'll be staying with an iPhone from now on :party:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2