Who's planning on upgrading to the iPhone 6S?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm on Verizon's Edge purchase program, so I'll just trade it in on the upgrade. I've decided to move to the Plus model this time, and that's a good excuse to upgrade. Really, if I had planned on staying with the smaller phone, I'd be hard pressed to mess with the upgrade since the improvements in the new model are so minimal. I could easily stay with my iPhone 6 for another year and be pretty satisfied.

I'm really wanting the Plus too this time around. Not sure if I'll do it or wait til the 7 when they can hopefully address the width by reducing bezels a little. I only like to type one handed and the sheer width of the Plus worries me.

shockjay

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
@ metalchick719 I was a Windows Phone user (Lumia 928) for two years until I switched to the iPhone 6 (128 GB) less than three months ago. In the end I was very disappointed in Microsoft and their lack of innovation in their phones.

anon(6014961)

May 31, 2014
Visit site
You won't see any differences on the outside. It'll all be new stuff on the inside. Hopefully a 12 mp camera, force touch, 2 gb RAM, and a faster chip. The battery may be slightly longer lasting as well. A 12 mp camera would be huge. This would give better resolution to zooming and cropping images. If money were no issue, I'd upgrade just for the 12 mp camera. LOL

Not so fussed about a 12mp camera, I'm not really into taking many photos. If anything I'd be interested in the 2GB of RAM and force touch would probably do my head in :/

geezio

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I also have a Note 4 and knew a month after i got it i wouldn't stick with android for long i upgraded from a iphone 5s to this and yes my camera rocks but i never use all the other gimmicks or features. .and i am with sprint on a leasing deal so 6 more months my lease is up i tried for the life of me last weekend to get them to get me off the lease and put me on the new Iphone forever plan so i can upgrade anytime the newest version comes out believe me i am comming back this way soon enough im not bias but i do love my IOS so i will get the 6S then the 7 and so on to infinity and beyond! !But anyways yes cant wait!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

ararso

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
This might be the year I'm on the fence about upgrading if the only thing the 6S is bringing to the table is force touch a 12mp camera and a faster chip I'll be staying with my iP6 and see what the iP7 has to offer

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a note 3 I am looking at the 6s. Still tossed between the plus and regular. I love my note size when using the phone with two hands but I miss one handed things like quick texts and pocket friendliness of a phone. Either way I'll grab one of the s models this time around and in 2 years see where android is. I try to stay balanced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

rodmatic

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I might upgrade to it or maybe the 6 plus after it gets a price drop I can't decide if I should stick to number iPhones or the "S" iphones

Posted via the iMore App for Android

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I was considering upgrading to the plus from my 6, but not really sure what I'm going to do now. I've found myself fairly intrigued by the Moto X Style. I haven't tried an Android phone since 2.2, so this might be the year where I give it another try. Will wait till I see both in a store before I make up my mind.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I was considering upgrading to the plus from my 6, but not really sure what I'm going to do now. I've found myself fairly intrigued by the Moto X Style. I haven't tried an Android phone since 2.2, so this might be the year where I give it another try. Will wait till I see both in a store before I make up my mind.

I'm not sure that it's gonna be easy to find the Moto X in stores. Best Buy may carry it. Moto decided to bypass carriers with the Style.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure that it's gonna be easy to find the Moto X in stores. Best Buy may carry it. Moto decided to bypass carriers with the Style.

Yeah that is one of the things that has me interested in this phone. Supposedly will be able to buy from Amazon and Best Buy, along with directly from Motorola.

Zacharyw70

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've been considering upgrading from my first generation Moto X to one, but I'm not 100% sold just yet. At this point I need an upgrade since this phone is having battery issues and the iPhone 6S is the only interesting phone on the horizon, but with that being said I'll have to buyout my contract to upgrade and after all is said and done I don't know if I want to spend $600 on a phone upgrade at the moment.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have had the 6 plus since launch, and I am 85% sure as long as the 6s doesnt get put on the back burner with specs I would like to upgrade to that. I like the display, and size but it is sometimes a pain in the neck to deal with.

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I buy all my phones used & off contract out of pocket.

I got a great deal; It's an iPhone 6, 64GB, Space Gray & factory unlocked for $500. I'll sit back & watch everyone else go coo-coo for coco puffs over the iPhone 6s & patiently wait for the iPhone 7 next year.

To be honest I'm not terribly excited for these "s" models myself but at the same time I'm strictly interested in catching that diamond in the rough deal. They usually appear when people are desperate to update to the latest iThing & wanna get rid of their current iThing lmao.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox