Who's planning on upgrading to the iPhone 6S?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
The whole I sheep and fandroid bashing it's really dumb. Maybe j grew up suddenly but it's a phone. Haha.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Well, I think that these devices are a little more than that. I believe that the bashing comes into play because these devices have such an impact on our daily activities. When you think about how important your phone, tablet, and computer are to what you do, you can understand why people have an emotional connection with them. These devices connects you with people. It allows you to document your life through pictures and videos and share them. They make you more productive at work. They are a source of entertainment. They help you make purchases. When you are lost, they can help you find your way. And when you have burning question, they can help you find the answer. They mean a lot. We put a lot of trust in these devices as well. So making a choice on the right devices becomes a crucial decision. So when you do so much research on the device that you think is perfect for you and you spend so much money on them and someone says something negative about it/them there is a chance that it may affect you personally. I get it.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

jwm1952

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought my first iPhone on launch day. ( my 55th birthday). I've bought or ordered every year on Day 1. Preparing to sell 6+. I look forward to this annually.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I'll "Edge Up" from my iPhone 6 to an iPhone 6s Plus a few days after launch, I'm sure.

I will be, too. I had the 4 on Verizon, then the 5. Got the 6 last year and opted for the Edge plan, in case I wanted to switch over to the S cycle. Since Verizon has since (twice, once to 75% and now to 100% paid off), I may as well. It will be the only time I can "take advantage" of this "benefit"

ptb127

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
I took the 12 month Next plan at AT&T so I can get a new iPhone every year. So I will be getting the new iPhone near the end of September. I am looking forward to it. I have the 6+, 64 GB version.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 6 is my 2nd iPhone. I bought it due to my new vehicle supporting Siri handsfree. After giving my 5S to my son after about a month, I am done with iPhones for now. I am currently trying to decide which Android phone to buy. iPhones are way too limited for my use. To each his own I guess.

aggie

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
That is one thing that I am shocked that Android has not fixed. It is really one of the main reasons why I have switched yet again from Android. iMessage is just a great feature. And when you have so many family friends that use it, it almost becomes paramount to have an iOS device.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

This is one of the main reasons I am switching back as well. I've kept my 6 plus while mostly using the Note 4, S6, G4, and Nexus 6 the last several months but had not really used it until the iOS 9 beta was released. Really forgot how much I enjoyed iOS and it is even better now with iOS 9. iMessage is the thing I missed the most and you don't really realize how bad messaging is on Android until you come back and use it. Hangouts is definitely on the right track and is as good as, if not more powerful than iMessage, however with even more people adopting Android Hangouts has failed to gain any traction. Most people just use Samsung's junk message app or whatever the stock one is on the device they purchased. Email is another sore point on Android for me. Obviously it is fine for gmail, but the iOS email app is far superior to any solution Android has for email accounts other than Gmail.

Another small (or maybe not) reason I am jumping back to iOS is to talk myself into getting an Apple Watch :) Liked my Moto 360 but Android Wear is really not user friendly at all in my opinion. Played with the Apple Watch a few times at the Apple store and if I can overcome my fear of the severe tail kicking my wife will give me for purchasing it I will have one in my possession soon.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Ill be upgrading. I'm one of those guys that always has to have the latest and greatest when it comes to anything technology. I use both IOS and Android, bought the SGS6 with 128gb of int storage, love it, now when the new iPhone comes out Ill get the option with the most int storage,
Hope the storage options dont change [Max 128 or more] and the ram gets upgraded. The cameras are always fantastic, just give the new iPhone more much needed ram.

reitveld

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes. My wife and I both.
My 5s is buggy as hell and the battery is starting to fail. Time to chuck it. As for costs? We budget for the upgrades every other year and are ready for the leap when the time comes.

BBooDad

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
The main reason I am considering getting a 6S is so my wife could have Apple Pay instead of the 5S she has now. That being said, I like my 128GB 6 so much that I'll probably just get her a 64GB 6S, as she doesn't have all the music on it that I do.

As to Apple Pay - last week I was away from home without my debit card, and went the whole week just using my Apple Pay and the Starbucks app to pay for things. Kind of nice!

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm considering getting one. I've been with Windows Phone since November 2012 and am seriously and heavily leaning toward switching back to iPhone.

TonyS017

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Still using my iPhone 4s on everything and can't see the difference (aside from screen size, touch id and weight) that my mom uses on the iPhone 6Plus.

I'm just considering an upgrade due to storage issues.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I get an upgrade every year. I just got the 6 so in about 11 months I'll be getting the 6S. By then iOS 9.2 or whatever it is by then will be more refined than 9.0.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox