Who's planning on upgrading to the iPhone 6S?

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been going back and forth about getting the newest iPhone but I think this will be the first year I don't get the S series. My 6 is pretty nice and in good shape also I bought some cases for it too. I will probably sit this one out.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Had 3GS, 4S, 5 and now 6, I'll be getting the 6S if there's a big enough difference to the 6. If not, I'll wait for the 7 :)
You won't see any differences on the outside. It'll all be new stuff on the inside. Hopefully a 12 mp camera, force touch, 2 gb RAM, and a faster chip. The battery may be slightly longer lasting as well. A 12 mp camera would be huge. This would give better resolution to zooming and cropping images. If money were no issue, I'd upgrade just for the 12 mp camera. LOL

Knocks

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Unless they make the whole thing out of sapphire glass, which has already been confirmed not to be happening, I will not be getting the 6S. Furthermore, not only will I not be upgrading from 6 to 6S, but I will also keep close watch on Google's announcements this fall. If the 2015 Nexus 5 is real, I may finally jump ship.

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Unless they make the whole thing out of sapphire glass, which has already been confirmed not to be happening, I will not be getting the 6S. Furthermore, not only will I not be upgrading from 6 to 6S, but I will also keep close watch on Google's announcements this fall. If the 2015 Nexus 5 is real, I may finally jump ship.

Curious what reasons you have to leave apple. I'm coming the other way after 4 years of owning Samsung notes. Ready for a change and with some jailbreak tweaks I'm excited.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Knocks

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Curious what reasons you have to leave apple. I'm coming the other way after 4 years of owning Samsung notes. Ready for a change and with some jailbreak tweaks I'm excited.

The main reason is wanting to break free from iTunes, the absolutely horrendous experience that hasn't improved in the last 15 years, and from iCloud, which is also a mess designed to pimp money out of people for photo storage.

There will be a day when I can drag and drop music and photos freely to and from my phone, and I have a feeling that day will be on Android.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The main reason is wanting to break free from iTunes, the absolutely horrendous experience that hasn't improved in the last 15 years, and from iCloud, which is also a mess designed to pimp money out of people for photo storage.

There will be a day when I can drag and drop music and photos freely to and from my phone, and I have a feeling that day will be on Android.

I drag and drop photos freely on my iPhone all the time. Have been since the 3GS and it has nil to do with iCloud. Not sure why you think you need android to do that but maybe android will be more your thing

Knocks

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
You can move photos to your iPhone by drag & dropping without iTunes, really? I am 100% sure that it's impossible, at least in Windows.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You can move photos to your iPhone by drag & dropping without iTunes, really? I am 100% sure that it's impossible, at least in Windows.

My bad. Didn't realize you meant without iTunes. I guess because the process is so painless and relatively effortless, I didn't give much thought to it. I keep hoping for the day I can do it with my mind only....one day...

Knocks

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
It's not painless nor effortless, since it's designed around outdated DRM principles. You can drag songs to the iPhone but not move them back to the PC, with or without iTunes. This crippled system was designed by Steve Jobs at the direction of the record labels, and the only way to "fix" it is to do away with it completely.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
It's not painless nor effortless, since it's designed around outdated DRM principles. You can drag songs to the iPhone but not move them back to the PC, with or without iTunes. This crippled system was designed by Steve Jobs at the direction of the record labels, and the only way to "fix" it is to do away with it completely.

So now we are talking songs? All I ever said was that dragging and dropping photos was painless and effortless. With photos, it is merely a matter of plugging in the phone, dragging pics to folders, and clicking the sync button. Hardly painful or an effort. I don't mess around with music files so I am unaffected but if you are irritated by the DRM principle then yeah, perhaps the next Nexus will be your best bet since a revamp of iTunes to meet your specific needs is quite unlikely.

Knocks

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
The thing with photos is that it's also completely backwards. Windows sees iPhone as a drive, with pictures on it. All pictures are for some reason in various schizophrenically named folders. But you can still move those pictures from the iPhone to the PC. You just can't copy pictures to the phone the same way you copy them from the phone, and that's part of the same DRM issue, which shouldn't even apply to photos.

Sorry for the rant, this is off topic, so I'll shut up now. I will not be getting the iPhone 6S but I may get the iPhone 7 unless there is an outstanding Android phone next fall that fits the bill. :)

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The thing with photos is that it's also completely backwards. Windows sees iPhone as a drive, with pictures on it. All pictures are for some reason in various schizophrenically named folders. But you can still move those pictures from the iPhone to the PC. You just can't copy pictures to the phone the same way you copy them from the phone, and that's part of the same DRM issue, which shouldn't even apply to photos.

Sorry for the rant, this is off topic, so I'll shut up now. I will not be getting the iPhone 6S but I may get the iPhone 7 unless there is an outstanding Android phone next fall that fits the bill. :)

I get what you are saying now. I've been on a Mac for a while now so I have forgotten what it was like to deal with the various folders that pics would get sorted into. It was particularly irritating when having waited longer periods of time before dumping. I completely retract my statements because I clearly have been spoiled by the way Mac imports pics off of the phone.

I think because I don't have to deal with music files, and because I have the photos transferring nailed down with the Mac, I have more patience with iTunes then I normally would. It certainly could use an overhaul as you mentioned, but who knows if that day will ever come. Android is continually coming out with some pretty awesome phones, so you may have several great choices before the 7 drops. Good luck as you go forward and sorry for continually misinterpreting what you were saying. You didn't need my mouth getting in the way. Your rants are perfectly valid. Have a good one.

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
i wanna see how much thicker it will be than the 6 first. if its too thick, then idk if im going to upgrade.. im also curious if theyre gonna upgrade the camera, if so. then most likely im going to upgrade. i have the gold 64gb 6 right now, thinking about upgrading to the 128gb plus.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I am absolutely satisfied with my iphone 6. However, all that talk of a 12 mp camera is definitely getting me excited. If I could afford it, I would consider upgrading ONLY for the 12 mp camera.

speedfan1

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a question for those who know more of the ins and outs of the iPhone 6. I currently have the T-Mobile version of the iPhone 6, but I just switched to Verizon and am using it on their network. In regards to upgrading, does this T-Mobile version have all the hardware needed to fully run on the Verizon network issue free or should I upgrade and get the Verizon version when the new one comes out?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm on Verizon's Edge purchase program, so I'll just trade it in on the upgrade. I've decided to move to the Plus model this time, and that's a good excuse to upgrade. Really, if I had planned on staying with the smaller phone, I'd be hard pressed to mess with the upgrade since the improvements in the new model are so minimal. I could easily stay with my iPhone 6 for another year and be pretty satisfied.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal