Processor and camera aside, what made you go with the iPhone 6 over other devices?

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Processor and camera aside, what made you go with the 6 over the plus, the 5S, or even another android.

Just wondering why other people like/chose the 6.

whetrick1

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why the 6?

Most people don't like for it being too big for their hands. And complain about hard to hold on too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

I chose the 6 because I wanted to "play it safe" last year. I didn't know how large the Plus would be and I didn't want to be stuck with the larger screen if I didn't like it, so that's why I chose the 6 :) . Now, looking back, I wish I would've gone with the plus and this year I will be upgrading to the 6s+.

A big reason why many people choose the 6 over the 6+ is because of one hand usability and pocket ability. They don't want a large phone that requires two hands and may be too big for some pockets, they want a smaller phone.

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

The 6 was good fit for me. More comfortable in hand and pocket but that's just me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

I tried a 6+ for about two months and it was just to dam big for a daily driver, so I went back to a 6.

Yes it's a little bigger then my 5S which I thought had the best forum factor, but I can hold it in one hand and it fits easier in my pocket then the 6+.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

Like the poster above me, I too started with a 6 plus. It was just too big and obnoxious feeling in my hands. I switched to the 6 and I've been very happy. It's a great size for my usage

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

After seeing the 6 and 6 plus with colleagues and all, I came to the conclusion that any phone bigger than the 6 should be called everything anything but phone, "Phablet" instead. Then I asked my self, do I need a phone? An iPad maybe since I already have the 5s? Or should I all together go with a phablet "6plus"?
Then I turn to the specs of both phones, battery is amazing on the plus, considering my history with apple phone devices I always have a battery case, so mophie pack plus for the 6 give 3300mAh, the 6 itself come with 1751mAh roughly 5000mAh which is way bigger than the 6plus capacity.
Now the resolution, 1080p against 720p and I recalled my MacBook Pro 17" was 1080x1920p and I had to downscale the rez in order to read things on it. I mean text was so small that you would feel the entire 17" display is really a large real estate. What do I need a real estate for on a display if I can't even read what's showing. I concluded that I will end up using the zoom mode in the 6plus settings in order to enjoy reading on the 6plus compare to the 6 which is already good to read at native scale. That was my main concern with the display, I knew pictures and videos will benefit from better display but on a phone, I read more, text and Mail more than I do photo and videos and gaming. And talking about full HD games on 1080p, I know the device will need to render load of graphics to light on and off each pixels every frame of seconds. That will cause hit on the device and absorbs battery life.
One hand usage was another deal breaker for me. Then I said to my self, let me go 1 year with the 6 and if after 1 year i think I need a phablet, then I will get the 6 plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

I purchased the 6 for my wife. She thought my 6 Plus was too big for her, so she wanted the smaller phone.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Processor and camera aside, what made you go with the iPhone 6 over other dev...

3 things.
?I like iPhones
?The 6 was the latest iPhone
?It snuggly fit in my pant pockets

The 6+ was a good size for my hands but it would feel uncomfortable in my pant pockets.

john eustice

May 4, 2015
Visit site
i had always wanted a iphone and when my carrier offered me one for free after a long time and using a very basic windows phone i jumped at the change to grab it. and have been amazed at how awesome this phone is i will get the new 6s and give mine to my wife as soon as i can

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
i had always wanted a iphone and when my carrier offered me one for free after a long time and using a very basic windows phone i jumped at the change to grab it. and have been amazed at how awesome this phone is i will get the new 6s and give mine to my wife as soon as i can

Nice, welcome to the world of iOS! :)

LimonJoe

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
It definitely wasn't the processor or camera that made me get the iPhone 6. Having used android since its inception, iPhone 6 is my first iPhone, and the camera doesn't even come close to what is on Android powered devices these days. Had an LG G3 before getting the 6, and I was very disappointed with the iPhone 6 camera. I'm a photographer and always have my mirrorless camera on me so the lacking cell phone camera doesn't bother me.
I switched to iphone because after years of rooting, tweaking, testing, etc., I just wanted to simplify. And I really like it.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
It definitely wasn't the processor or camera that made me get the iPhone 6. Having used android since its inception, iPhone 6 is my first iPhone, and the camera doesn't even come close to what is on Android powered devices these days. Had an LG G3 before getting the 6, and I was very disappointed with the iPhone 6 camera. I'm a photographer and always have my mirrorless camera on me so the lacking cell phone camera doesn't bother me.
I switched to iphone because after years of rooting, tweaking, testing, etc., I just wanted to simplify. And I really like it.

Apple's post processing is better than anything android has ton offer BY FAR.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
So you're saying it's impossible that any Android device takes better pictures?

No. I'm saying the post processing is better. That's why iPhones take arguably the best quality photos from a smart phone while other androids have better specs for their cameras. The 2014 Moto X for example

pat74

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I went with the 6 because I got tired of waiting for months for android updates. I had the first iPhone, 3G, 5 , 5c and 5s and I honestly don't know why I ever leave lol iPhones just work, period.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I got the 6 because I left the 5 and went to the Note 3. The Note had became too big for me. When one day I just happened upon the AT&T store. When I saw the 6 it was love at first sight. I wanted Space Gray with 64gbs. But that corporate store was out. So I ended up with a 128gb Gold. There were so many people in my office that already had the 6+. I knew it was too big. But I love the way it looks. The Apple Store has made me a lifetime customer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234