Traded in Samsung Note 4 for the Iphone 6

Jessica Cavalier

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I recently opened a new account with Tmobile and got the Note 4. After problems with the phone overheating, battery only lasting me 5 hours from 100% to dead I took the phone back for a replacement. Yet again, same problems with that note 4 as well. Yesterday was the end date of my 14 day warranty period with Tmobile to swap the phones. I switched to the Iphone 6.

I am truly amazed by this phone. I spent over an hour downloading apps, customizing my phone, playing games, etc and the phone didn't even get warm.

My question for you all... Who has recently changed from android to iOS and had the same problems? Are you happier now with iOS or do you regret your decision?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Congrats! While I love my Note 4 I didn't love the software out of the box and had to customize it heavily. Replace the launcher, disable bloat, install icon packs, fonts, and widgets. Now it's unmistakably awesome but it took tweaking to get that way. The iPhone is sweet out of the gate.

Sent from the Elegance

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi! For the past ten years, I was an avid Android user. My last one was a Galaxy S4 and never had an issue with it.
Then I switched to  in May and I must admit that yes, I am happier and I do not regret it at all (even if there are some features that I miss).

And welcome to the dark side :D
Aaaaaand enjoy your new 6 =)

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Hello, I recently opened a new account with Tmobile and got the Note 4. After problems with the phone overheating, battery only lasting me 5 hours from 100% to dead I took the phone back for a replacement. Yet again, same problems with that note 4 as well. Yesterday was the end date of my 14 day warranty period with Tmobile to swap the phones. I switched to the Iphone 6.

I am truly amazed by this phone. I spent over an hour downloading apps, customizing my phone, playing games, etc and the phone didn't even get warm.

My question for you all... Who has recently changed from android to iOS and had the same problems? Are you happier now with iOS or do you regret your decision?

Welcome to iMore!

I use an Android device and an iPhone. To be honest, I love them both. I don't have any problems with my Android phone. I do think Android is much more finicky, and you have to dig into settings/syncing, and other areas to maximize battery. I also had to find 3rd party apps for many stock functions that I've never even thought about on my iPhones. Once an Android device is set up (it took me over a month to finally find the apps/settings that worked best for me), they're good devices. And while it's nice that you can set 3rd party apps as defaults on Android, it's sad that to get simple functionality that iPhone provides out of the box that you have to. It's funny. I find my iPhone 6 more enjoyable and faster to do most tasks than my One M9, but there are things about the M9 I can't seem to give up.

Side note: Since you had the larger Note 4, what made you pick the 6 over the 6 Plus? Just curious because I have the 6 now, and I'm thinking I'd like to get the Plus version of the next iPhone I buy.

whetrick1

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forum form LA (lower)Alabama 🖖 I switched from android to the IPhone6 about 6 months ago and I am really enjoying the IPhone 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I had a few issues with thr Note 4 like poor battery life. I was with Verizon and after a while I felt the need to switch to Sprint because it was cheaper ( tried T-Mobile and it's crap ). Since I was switching and needed a new phone anyways I just felt the urge to try the iPhone 6 plus. Better battery life and I love iMessage ( always did)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bnich325

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I too made the switch after many years with Android. I had a Nexus 6 and am now using the 6. Taking some some time to get used to the smaller size but I love how polished the iPhone is compared to Android. Thinking maybe I should check out the 6+ but I am going to work with the 6 for a week and see then.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I currently use a 2014 Moto X and an iPhone 6, and I love them both. My SIM, however, stays in my iPhone almost exclusively. Only used the 2014 Moto X with a SIM for 2 weeks before I put the SIM back into my iPhone. I really do love both phones, both have their advantages, but the simplicity, performance, and reliability of iOS keeps me coming back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711