Tripped over dog, screen smashed

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
So. I have an iPhone 6, today I had it in a thin case, in a slave, and in my purse. I was walking my lovely pit bull shelter mutt and he suddenly got excited by something to the left of me. I tripped over him and landed my full 5'10" 150 pounds right on my shoulder and on my bag and my screen is totally smashed. I have a jump contract with Tmobile, the insurance will it seems replace the phone for 175. That's fine, but I am wondering if I should get 50 dollar kit on amazon and try to fix it myself. Any advise welcome!

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
You can get it replaced by a trusted repairman in your local area for a fraction of the cost. I think it's also cheaper to get it repaired at an apple store.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I did call around today, because it is sticking up and the digitizer is clearly also compromised, I got quotes ranging from 200 to 300

On Apple's support page, if you are in warranty still, the cost will be $109.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/screen-damage/#mn_p

Also, if you do repair it yourself, don't try to just replace the glass, replace the whole LCD. The glass-only replacement is very difficult, and if you mess up even a little bit, you could break the LCD, so I'd suggest just buying a new LCD panel.

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
On Apple's support page, if you are in warranty still, the cost will be $109.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/screen-damage/#mn_p

Also, if you do repair it yourself, don't try to just replace the glass, replace the whole LCD. The glass-only replacement is very difficult, and if you mess up even a little bit, you could break the LCD, so I'd suggest just buying a new LCD panel.

Thank you. Do you know how I find out if I am still under warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I am hoping to not repeat this move! The frame was so bent and the head phone jack was flattened. I was so focused on the front I didn't notice the rest at first. I decided to just use the T-Mobile insurance. 175 was not that much to pay to make a phone call yesterday afternoon and have a new phone show up this morning. I co-own a hair salon with my husband and we are open 6 days a week, with plenty of 12 hour days when we are busy, so not finding a time to drive an hour round trip to the Apple Store was just worth 66 dollars to me, especially since I don't know what they would have charged me for a phone damaged to such a degree. Thanks for all your help!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I am hoping to not repeat this move! The frame was so bent and the head phone jack was flattened. I was so focused on the front I didn't notice the rest at first. I decided to just use the T-Mobile insurance. 175 was not that much to pay to make a phone call yesterday afternoon and have a new phone show up this morning. I co-own a hair salon with my husband and we are open 6 days a week, with plenty of 12 hour days when we are busy, so not finding a time to drive an hour round trip to the Apple Store was just worth 66 dollars to me, especially since I don't know what they would have charged me for a phone damaged to such a degree. Thanks for all your help!

No problem, enjoy the new iPhone!

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Try an Otterbox Defender.

I doubt it. Its improbable the case would stop the flexing/shock and suppose the palm of your hand was against the screen or even against the back on impact.

Its a decent case but not meant to absorb anything more than a drop, not a drop + a person's weight behind it on landing.

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
f64edbb6453c4b8166fd654574eeb327.jpg

Albert doesn't like these jokes!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member