Apple Leather Red iPhone 6 case

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
After taking a long look at the Apple "RED" Leather case (more of a reddish-orange IMHO) and the type of wear and tear that happens during everyday use, I've decided to pass and get the Navy Blue Apple Leather case to add to my slim collection of cases with my Black Apple Leather case....The Apple Leather just works for me.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
After taking a long look at the Apple "RED" Leather case (more of a reddish-orange IMHO) and the type of wear and tear that happens during everyday use, I've decided to pass and get the Navy Blue Apple Leather case to add to my slim collection of cases with my Black Apple Leather case....The Apple Leather just works for me.

YMMV but it's all different. The case is "red" not orange what so ever imo and the case doesn't wear imo and I had it since March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
YMMV but it's all different. The case is "red" not orange what so ever imo and the case doesn't wear imo and I had it since March

I was in BestBuy two days ago and the sales associate had the Apple Red Leather on his iPhone 6Plus, he said it was only a week old and it looked like it was a year old. After actually looking at the Apple Red in person, I just wish it was more of a darker RED, sorta like a reddish burgundy.
Your Red Apple Leather case looks GOOD for as long as you've had it.....ENJOY your case, I'm going to stick with the darker versions of the Apple Leather cases.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely love the look of the Space Gray + Red Leather combo, but the case gets dirty much too quickly.

When I was camping out the iPhone 6, the guy behind me had a 5s in an Apple Yellow leather case. Over the course of the year, the case had turned a shade of Olive green and the edges and some of the back was brownish colored. It honestly looked kind of nasty. The black holds up so much better and that is a big reason I went with the black leather.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I absolutely love the look of the Space Gray + Red Leather combo, but the case gets dirty much too quickly.

When I was camping out the iPhone 6, the guy behind me had a 5s in an Apple Yellow leather case. Over the course of the year, the case had turned a shade of Olive green and the edges and some of the back was brownish colored. It honestly looked kind of nasty. The black holds up so much better and that is a big reason I went with the black leather.

They do look bad after awhile. It doesn't look patina.. It looks like the handler never washes their hands. Lol. Which we all know isn't true but that's how the case looks- they just don't wear gracefully most of the time

drumzalicious

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I originally purchased the red one as it was the only true red case that I liked the look of. I returned it within 10 days. It started truly discoloring along the edges of the case and peeling. For women this might not be an issue with them carrying them in purses however as a man I have mine in my front pocket. All of my pants/jeans are of nice quality so there would be nothing with the pockets themselves to wear the case out that much in such a short time span.

I tried the navy case next and the same thing happened. Within about 10 days or so the case was a good 2-3 shades darker than when originally purchased. If I had kept if I'm sure within a month or so I would have had a black case.

It sucks because I would have loved to keep them but they both got pretty crappy pretty quick. If it had been six months or so then sure but not 10 days.

I'd advise purchasing from Best Buy. They have a very customer friendly return policy with no restocking fee.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I originally purchased the red one as it was the only true red case that I liked the look of. I returned it within 10 days. It started truly discoloring along the edges of the case and peeling. For women this might not be an issue with them carrying them in purses however as a man I have mine in my front pocket. All of my pants/jeans are of nice quality so there would be nothing with the pockets themselves to wear the case out that much in such a short time span.

I tried the navy case next and the same thing happened. Within about 10 days or so the case was a good 2-3 shades darker than when originally purchased. If I had kept if I'm sure within a month or so I would have had a black case.

It sucks because I would have loved to keep them but they both got pretty crappy pretty quick. If it had been six months or so then sure but not 10 days.

I'd advise purchasing from Best Buy. They have a very customer friendly return policy with no restocking fee.

So discouraging huh? I found myself even putting it in my purse ever so gently as to not have it rub off too much. Black I'm not so worried about. It'll hide everything. But yeah I've seen customers with different colors and how they age. The light pink was by far the worst. I'm shocked that apple hasn't pulled them. There is literally no way to preserve it. My red case ended up making me ridiculously paranoid and I decided it wasn't worth it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
For me as long as I stick with the darker versions of the Apple Leather case I will be fine. My BLACK Apple Leather case is holding up quite well, it's a little over a month old and it still looks brand new.....just my .02 cents

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

Just gonna throw it out there. While I love my leather case and know it's real leather- I think apple just uses a thin layer of leather over the actual structure of the case. I don't really think I believe these cases "patina"- I think plain and simple they just wear out. The red and pink versions kinda prove that by turning black and looking bad versus aging beautifully like genuine leather products do. Idk for sure but it makes a little bit of sense.. Right?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just gonna throw it out there. While I love my leather case and know it's real leather- I think apple just uses a thin layer of leather over the actual structure of the case. I don't really think I believe these cases "patina"- I think plain and simple they just wear out. The red and pink versions kinda prove that by turning black and looking bad versus aging beautifully like genuine leather products do. Idk for sure but it makes a little bit of sense.. Right?

I agree. Probably in order to keep the case as thin as posible the layer of leather has to be "thin". It still does not deter me from using/purchasing another Apple Leather Case. Over the years I have purchased many, many cases for different phones trying to find that "RIGHT" one, and now I have in the Apple Leather cases....Thats just ME.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
cb3c84ec1946ab49bf39ac03a8ec0bc8.jpg
ca3076e78b1ac2f844963d62572537d9.jpg
329c76e1c5318e495cb8c66e20614db4.jpg

Had the blue since the first week they released it. The first pic is the inside and that's how it looked when I bought it. Definitely a weathered look but it's been almost a year and this is the case I use 90% of the time. I love it. It got darker with more use and I don't baby it.

Sent from my space grey  iPhone 6

bchiong

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
apple leather case? go for blue, brown, or black, they are awesome! lighter shades? go for silicon apple cases!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Ewww silicone cases.....way over priced and Not worth it

I originally bought the Black Silicone case for my iPhone, but for Christmas, I got a leather case. I'm definitely not switching back over to the silicone. I do like it, but the leather is so much nicer and it feels much better in the hand than the silicone. Plus, the silicone would pick up pocket lint very easily in my experience.

bchiong

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
hi guys, anyone know how to intentionally distress my spare  iPhone 6 leather case (product red).. there is part of me that there is a way to make this look good again - agediMoreAppImg_20150802_174845.jpgiMoreAppImg_20150802_174900.jpg

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I, too have the Product Red Leather case, and it looks like the pix posted above. I'm starting to question how this was manufactured; for example, how did they get the leather so thin? As stated in an earlier post, it looks like there's a structural inner liner, and the leather is bonded to it somehow. Could this be like a highly processed lunch meat, where everything is tossed in a hopper, ground to a pulp and then reconstituted in a mold? They can still legally call it turkey meat, but it's far removed from Natures original idea.

Whatever, it just doesn't seem like the usual Apple quality that I'm accustomed to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner