i guess they use the wrong term.. it is not true that the leather is pealing.. its just changing it's color to a darker shade.. at least in my case (product red)
    Closingracer likes this.
    07-31-2015 12:53 AM
    which do u think is worst? aged red? or aged soft pink?
    Go to apple's website and read the reviews for the pink leather. I've seen customers with this case and all those negative reviews are true. I've seen how ugly it gets.
    07-31-2015 12:54 AM
    some people really anticipate "leather patena" - that's why they prefer lighter shade of leather. the lighter it gets the deeper the dark patena will be
    07-31-2015 01:02 AM
    yahoo this... i mean.. google this dear.. "art of leather patena"
    07-31-2015 01:03 AM
    yahoo this... i mean.. google this dear.. "art of leather patena"
    I think in the case of the light pink the "patina" isn't what people expect. Just from what I've seen the light pink just looks destroyed instead of beautifully aged. I think it's the type of leather apple uses though. Just my thought anyway. Just seems to me the vast majority of light pink leather users were highly disappointed in how their case weathered in such a short amount of time.
    07-31-2015 01:07 AM
    I know there are countless threads about cases but I'm curious. For those of you who own the red leather case for the iPhone 6.. How has it held up? I'm itching to get it but I'm not sure how well it'll wear. If anyone has pictures that'd be awesome!

I have the brown leather and love the feel. I'm pretty easy on cases so it hasn't discolored at all. Worst thing I put it through is taking it to the gym with me.

But honest answers would be awesome! Thanks!!

Mine has held mostly fine. Mine has a little blue on the buttons pusher thungys or whatever it's called but that was probably because one if my jeans was Turing stuff in my pockets blue
    07-31-2015 10:23 AM
    your's soft pink leather case?
    07-31-2015 10:25 AM
    your's soft pink leather case?
    No I have the product red one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-31-2015 10:45 AM
    my 3 different cases for my iPhone 6 - find which is inferior.. Attachment 86312
    I tried appreciating the "patena" of the red  leather case but it doesnt grown on me.. good thing i have my favorite olive brown  leather case!Attachment 86313
    Attachment 86314Attachment 86315Attachment 86316Attachment 86317
    My red one never got that bad and I had it since March.

07-31-2015 10:48 AM
    are u sure? can i see some pic?
    07-31-2015 11:21 AM
    After taking a long look at the Apple "RED" Leather case (more of a reddish-orange IMHO) and the type of wear and tear that happens during everyday use, I've decided to pass and get the Navy Blue Apple Leather case to add to my slim collection of cases with my Black Apple Leather case....The Apple Leather just works for me.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    07-31-2015 11:36 AM
    are u sure? can i see some pic?
    I already posted some pictures.........

07-31-2015 11:44 AM
    After taking a long look at the Apple "RED" Leather case (more of a reddish-orange IMHO) and the type of wear and tear that happens during everyday use, I've decided to pass and get the Navy Blue Apple Leather case to add to my slim collection of cases with my Black Apple Leather case....The Apple Leather just works for me.
    YMMV but it's all different. The case is "red" not orange what so ever imo and the case doesn't wear imo and I had it since March

07-31-2015 11:45 AM
    YMMV but it's all different. The case is "red" not orange what so ever imo and the case doesn't wear imo and I had it since March

I was in BestBuy two days ago and the sales associate had the Apple Red Leather on his iPhone 6Plus, he said it was only a week old and it looked like it was a year old. After actually looking at the Apple Red in person, I just wish it was more of a darker RED, sorta like a reddish burgundy.
    Your Red Apple Leather case looks GOOD for as long as you've had it.....ENJOY your case, I'm going to stick with the darker versions of the Apple Leather cases.
    07-31-2015 11:54 AM
    I doubt I would like red. I'm more a black or brown type.
    Brooke5795 likes this.
    07-31-2015 12:40 PM
    I absolutely love the look of the Space Gray + Red Leather combo, but the case gets dirty much too quickly.

When I was camping out the iPhone 6, the guy behind me had a 5s in an Apple Yellow leather case. Over the course of the year, the case had turned a shade of Olive green and the edges and some of the back was brownish colored. It honestly looked kind of nasty. The black holds up so much better and that is a big reason I went with the black leather.
    Spencerdl and Brooke5795 like this.
    07-31-2015 09:40 PM
    I absolutely love the look of the Space Gray + Red Leather combo, but the case gets dirty much too quickly.

When I was camping out the iPhone 6, the guy behind me had a 5s in an Apple Yellow leather case. Over the course of the year, the case had turned a shade of Olive green and the edges and some of the back was brownish colored. It honestly looked kind of nasty. The black holds up so much better and that is a big reason I went with the black leather.
    They do look bad after awhile. It doesn't look patina.. It looks like the handler never washes their hands. Lol. Which we all know isn't true but that's how the case looks- they just don't wear gracefully most of the time
    Flow39 likes this.
    07-31-2015 11:48 PM
    I originally purchased the red one as it was the only true red case that I liked the look of. I returned it within 10 days. It started truly discoloring along the edges of the case and peeling. For women this might not be an issue with them carrying them in purses however as a man I have mine in my front pocket. All of my pants/jeans are of nice quality so there would be nothing with the pockets themselves to wear the case out that much in such a short time span.

I tried the navy case next and the same thing happened. Within about 10 days or so the case was a good 2-3 shades darker than when originally purchased. If I had kept if I'm sure within a month or so I would have had a black case.

It sucks because I would have loved to keep them but they both got pretty crappy pretty quick. If it had been six months or so then sure but not 10 days.

I'd advise purchasing from Best Buy. They have a very customer friendly return policy with no restocking fee.
    07-31-2015 11:49 PM
    I originally purchased the red one as it was the only true red case that I liked the look of. I returned it within 10 days. It started truly discoloring along the edges of the case and peeling. For women this might not be an issue with them carrying them in purses however as a man I have mine in my front pocket. All of my pants/jeans are of nice quality so there would be nothing with the pockets themselves to wear the case out that much in such a short time span.

I tried the navy case next and the same thing happened. Within about 10 days or so the case was a good 2-3 shades darker than when originally purchased. If I had kept if I'm sure within a month or so I would have had a black case.

It sucks because I would have loved to keep them but they both got pretty crappy pretty quick. If it had been six months or so then sure but not 10 days.

I'd advise purchasing from Best Buy. They have a very customer friendly return policy with no restocking fee.
    So discouraging huh? I found myself even putting it in my purse ever so gently as to not have it rub off too much. Black I'm not so worried about. It'll hide everything. But yeah I've seen customers with different colors and how they age. The light pink was by far the worst. I'm shocked that apple hasn't pulled them. There is literally no way to preserve it. My red case ended up making me ridiculously paranoid and I decided it wasn't worth it.
    08-01-2015 12:01 AM
    For me as long as I stick with the darker versions of the Apple Leather case I will be fine. My BLACK Apple Leather case is holding up quite well, it's a little over a month old and it still looks brand new.....just my .02 cents
    08-01-2015 12:09 AM

Just gonna throw it out there. While I love my leather case and know it's real leather- I think apple just uses a thin layer of leather over the actual structure of the case. I don't really think I believe these cases "patina"- I think plain and simple they just wear out. The red and pink versions kinda prove that by turning black and looking bad versus aging beautifully like genuine leather products do. Idk for sure but it makes a little bit of sense.. Right?
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-01-2015 12:15 AM
    Just gonna throw it out there. While I love my leather case and know it's real leather- I think apple just uses a thin layer of leather over the actual structure of the case. I don't really think I believe these cases "patina"- I think plain and simple they just wear out. The red and pink versions kinda prove that by turning black and looking bad versus aging beautifully like genuine leather products do. Idk for sure but it makes a little bit of sense.. Right?
    I agree. Probably in order to keep the case as thin as posible the layer of leather has to be "thin". It still does not deter me from using/purchasing another Apple Leather Case. Over the years I have purchased many, many cases for different phones trying to find that "RIGHT" one, and now I have in the Apple Leather cases....Thats just ME.
    Brooke5795 likes this.
    08-01-2015 12:34 AM

Had the blue since the first week they released it. The first pic is the inside and that's how it looked when I bought it. Definitely a weathered look but it's been almost a year and this is the case I use 90% of the time. I love it. It got darker with more use and I don't baby it.

Sent from my space grey  iPhone 6
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-01-2015 01:49 AM
    apple leather case? go for blue, brown, or black, they are awesome! lighter shades? go for silicon apple cases!
    08-01-2015 01:52 AM
    apple leather case? go for blue, brown, or black, they are awesome! lighter shades? go for silicon apple cases!
    I second this! 👍
    bchiong and Spencerdl like this.
    08-01-2015 02:57 AM
128 12345 ...