Iphone newbie questions LOL

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
The experience is going well coming from Windows Phone to IOS...

1. I am not used to having to watch my storage as I am on the 16 GB iPhone as I usually have an SD card(with Onedrive integration).

However, I have a question about onedrive...is it possible for me to have my files/pictures/videos on onedrive but when I need to attach them to an email or text message can I still do that Or do the photos need to be on the iPhone(iCloud) to attach them?

2. Battery

On Windows Phone we have Battery sense and I like this because it not only shows the apps you are using and their percentage but it also allows you to see

A. Time since last charge

B. How much time is remaining(estimate).

Is there something like this for iPhone?

3. Email

I am sorry but the built-in mail is a bit crap lol. What is a recommended email app you suggest...

I have about 6 different emails I use(Outlook.com)

4. What would cause an iPhone to lag...I notice the transitions aren't as smooth(it is giving me Android horror flashbacks) when going from app to home

5. If I jailbreak the iPhone can I remove all the apple crap/bloat I don't need or use..such as Apple watch app.

6. This sort of bugs me....

The Ignore button for someone when they call.

On Windows Phone, there's an answer, End call, and Text button. Very simple.

However, my ignore button seems to come UP Sometimes and Sometimes I just see the answer button.

It isn't consistent in the least and it annoys me.

7. Is there a way to control ringtone volume for individual app/notifications? For media such as youtube without having to open youtube or another app.

Think that's all my question for now lol

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
The experience is going well coming from Windows Phone to IOS...

1. I am not used to having to watch my storage as I am on the 16 GB iPhone as I usually have an SD card(with Onedrive integration).

However, I have a question about onedrive...is it possible for me to have my files/pictures/videos on onedrive but when I need to attach them to an email or text message can I still do that Or do the photos need to be on the iPhone(iCloud) to attach them?

2. Battery

On Windows Phone we have Battery sense and I like this because it not only shows the apps you are using and their percentage but it also allows you to see

A. Time since last charge

B. How much time is remaining(estimate).

Is there something like this for iPhone?

3. Email

I am sorry but the built-in mail is a bit crap lol. What is a recommended email app you suggest...

I have about 6 different emails I use(Outlook.com)

4. What would cause an iPhone to lag...I notice the transitions aren't as smooth(it is giving me Android horror flashbacks) when going from app to home

5. If I jailbreak the iPhone can I remove all the apple crap/bloat I don't need or use..such as Apple watch app.

6. This sort of bugs me....

The Ignore button for someone when they call.

On Windows Phone, there's an answer, End call, and Text button. Very simple.

However, my ignore button seems to come UP Sometimes and Sometimes I just see the answer button.

It isn't consistent in the least and it annoys me.

7. Is there a way to control ringtone volume for individual app/notifications? For media such as youtube without having to open youtube or another app.

Think that's all my question for now lol

1. I believe you can attach files via OneDrive, but from the stock email app I don't think so.

2. Yes, you can see that info under Settings > General > Usage.

3. There are plenty of email alternatives, there is Mailbox, Boxer, of course site specifics like Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo. My personal favorite, it's still new and has some kinks to be worked out, but it's functions as advertised, is Spark.

4. Lag on an iPhone is usually caused by multiple processes running in the background. I usually only see it after a software update or after resetting my phone. If it's consistent all the time, I would recommend going to an Apple Store if you can.

5. I know you can hide them if you jailbreak, I'm not 100% sure if you can delete them though. I myself don't really have a need to jailbreak anymore since iOS 7, and iOS 8 made it even less necessary for me.

6. I notice the same thing, I'm not sure what determines if it shows or not. However iOS 9 is a security and stability update more than anything so hopefully this consistency issue is fixed when iOS 9 is released.

7. Unfortunately you can't dictate volume on a per app basis. With iOS it's all or nothing.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask, we are happy to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2