Why isn't my jailbroken iPhone 6 connecting to iTunes?

FFernandezchavez

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Iphone 6 jailbreak does not connect to itunes.

Hi guys,

Have a massive problem and hoping some help can be provided.

I have an iphone 6 jailbreak on 8.0. For some reason my iphone upgraded its software to 8.1.

As a results I can not connect my iphone 6 to itunes 12.1.2.27 so I can't perform a backup.
It seem I can not even performed a restore or upgrade to the latest os version as I cannot connect to Itunes.

I have tried to use Pangu to jailbreak to 8.1 but it doesn't seem to doing anything,

Can someone please provide any solutions to this problem?
Thanks

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Iphone 6 jailbreak does not connect to itunes.

Hi guys,

Have a massive problem and hoping some help can be provided.

I have an iphone 6 jailbreak on 8.0. For some reason my iphone upgraded its software to 8.1.
In my experience, the iPhone does not upgrade itself. What it does is download the update files and notify you that it's ready to update and then the user manually updates to the current version of the OS. Which, at the time of your post, is 8.4, not 8.1.

Also, IIRC there is an app in Cydia to stop the device from checking for updated versions of iOS, which is very useful to install because iOS updates typically break jailbreak.

As a results I can not connect my iphone 6 to itunes 12.1.2.27 so I can't perform a backup.
It seem I can not even performed a restore or upgrade to the latest os version as I cannot connect to Itunes.
You may have to put the phone into DFU and restore up to 8.4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods