Retrieving text messages

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I have an issue where it might be helpful to get the record of old text messages. I live in an apartment and my landlord is trying to evict people above us. It was going to be due to witholding rent, but now the guy is pulling some letter out for reason for witholding. Well we had complained plenty of times about noise. But it was all thru texts to the landlord. He's asking if we can somehow get record of these of actual text conversation. Is it even possible to get the actual message record or only a record of when it was sent like date and time. I have an iphone but he does not, so I'm thinking this isn't going to be possible.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately all they can give is date/time.

Is it possible to retrieve them off my phone because I have it set to keep messages forever, but like I said I have an iphone and he does not. Does an i phone only keep imessages forever as I have it set as?

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
The setting for 'keep messages forever' is only so the iPhone does not automatically start deleting messages after a certain limit. However if you manually deleted the messages yourself without creating any kind of backup for them then I believe they are lost for good.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner