Can I get some help with roadrunner Outlook email through time warner and my new iPhone 6?

I

iMore Question

Problem with roadrunner outlook email through time warner and my new iphone 6.

I am having a problem with my time warner roadrunner (isp) email account and my iphone 6 email account. When the iphone is on, it brings down the email from the server first and then it is not available on my desktop. I would like for the iphone and outlook to operate separately. It worked that way with the iphone 5 that I traded in on the new iphone 6.In order to get my email on my desktop through my time warner roadrunner account I need to have my mail settings account type as POP3. That appears to be the only way it will work.The iphone is set up as IMAP and apparently doesn't let the server retain the email for the desktop when the iphone6 is turned on. Also my time warner roadrunner account is not accessed via mail.twc.com but rather by myusername@columbus.rr.com. Neither Apple or Time Warner has been able to tell me how to fix the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions that I could try absent turning in the iphone and finding another cell phone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problem with roadrunner outlook email through time warner and my new iphone 6.

I haven't used an pop3 account in years, but I'd like to think there's a setting in the Mail, Contacts, Calendars section of the associated Mail account that will allow you to leave a copy on the server. If not, login to your roadrunner account via a computer and see if the option is available there.If it worked on the iPhone 5, it should work on the iPhone 6 if it is set up the exact same way.