T-Mobile iPhone Blue Screen/Reboot Issues

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Yea, no problems here, either. And I have the same model phone. I did have to disable the WiFi calling feature that T-Mo offers, because it was interfering with some of my Apple Watch functions. Hopefully that's something that will be corrected in watchOS 2.0.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
My mother called me today describing this issue with her 5S. I had her do the hard reboot and she hasn't said anything about it since.

MrTofu

May 1, 2015
Visit site
No issues yet. Some things have been a bit wonky like apps not downloading correctly but nothing like what has been described. I should mention I do not use the wifi calling feature so it is turned off.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
It happened to me recently while listening to music. Had no idea what was wrong until I read about the issues others were experiencing. Hopefully the next update fixes the bugs some people or having.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
If per the linked article, the problem is due to memory - not sure what that means - then why now? iOS 8.1 has been out for some time, as has 8.3. Seems like something more recent has triggered the issue, unless just recently enough people have been noticing/reporting the problem.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
If per the linked article, the problem is due to memory - not sure what that means - then why now? iOS 8.1 has been out for some time, as has 8.3. Seems like something more recent has triggered the issue, unless just recently enough people have been noticing/reporting the problem.

Some people claim that a carrier settings update happened. Version 19.2 seems to be giving people trouble from what I hear. In Settings>General>About, scroll down to carrier and if it says T-Mobile 19.1, it should be good, and if it's 19.2, then that may be a problem.

Another indicator of this is a kernel panic. Go to Settings>Privacy>Diagnostics and Usage>Diagnostics and Usage Data, and if ANY of the reports start with a string of numbers, your phone is in for some big problems.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually on Verizon. Was trying to understand if the article meant memory leak when it referenced "memory". In either case, not good that a carrier setting can apparently cause issues across two different iOS firmware versions. Hope T-Mobile and Apple get this sorted out soon.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually on Verizon. Was trying to understand if the article meant memory leak when it referenced "memory". In either case, not good that a carrier setting can apparently cause issues across two different iOS firmware versions. Hope T-Mobile and Apple get this sorted out soon.

I hope they do too. I can't have my phone be unusable, especially right in the middle of my day. So far it hasn't acted up since my last reboot, and let's hope it stays that way.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner