UAG cases.. I want your opinion!

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
So I have two of the speck candyshell cases (anti scratch versions so cosmetic issues aren't a problem) and love them but I keep reading about the UAG cases. I am liking the pink one but want to know how you iPhone 6 users like them :) maybe in comparison to the speck cases which I currently own.

Want honest opinions here so feel free to post yours!

Thanks!!

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
It's a good case with good protection. The button covers are very tactile and responsive. Pretty slim case for the protection you get. My only issue with the UAG case was that it was slippery. So I'm using a Speck Candyshell Grip case now. But otherwise I would suggest it.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
I love the uag cases I use them on my 6 plus and my s6 saved my iPhone from a 5 foot drop onto hardwood floors unscathed so I love the look feel and protection

Posted via the iMore App for Android

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
It's a good case with good protection. The button covers are very tactile and responsive. Pretty slim case for the protection you get. My only issue with the UAG case was that it was slippery. So I'm using a Speck Candyshell Grip case now. But otherwise I would suggest it.

I have been concerned it may be slippery. I was out and about yesterday and a representative for AT&T at the mall had one in his galaxy note. If I had a phone that large I wouldn't be able to hang onto it. I have the iPhone 6. So I wasn't sure. Plus I was concerned as I've read in some reviews that the holes on the back allow debris in pretty readily.

It looks cool.. I have two new candyshells that I love (AT&T scratch resistant editions.. And they really don't scratch!) and love the way they feel. Plus I haven't found any UAG cases out in retail shops and I'm worried about the CS at UAG as I've heard they don't really get back to you. Ordering online isn't the best and returning is more challenging. Esp since they will require an rma number.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

How difficult is it to remove the case btw? I've heard it's pretty difficult. Some reports I've seen even said they separated the glass screen from the body of their iPhone..

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
How difficult is it to remove the case btw? I've heard it's pretty difficult. Some reports I've seen even said they separated the glass screen from the body of their iPhone..

It can be pretty difficult. You just have to work the corners carefully.

Riley2521

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I love my UAG case, it's super light. Mine isn't slippery but then again I have the clear option, so it might be different with the pink. It is super protective. There is a video you can google about them dropping an iPhone from the upper atmosphere in one...spoiler alert: it lives. All in all I like the thin and light aspect of it, while it still provides good protection.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I love my UAG case, it's super light. Mine isn't slippery but then again I have the clear option, so it might be different with the pink. It is super protective. There is a video you can google about them dropping an iPhone from the upper atmosphere in one...spoiler alert: it lives. All in all I like the thin and light aspect of it, while it still provides good protection.

Do you have a link to that video? I'd like to see it 😊

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I was also curious about the apple leather case. I was wondering how it ages? I go to the gym a lot.. Probably not a great idea to use it there?

It's a nice looking case I'll give it that!

It's a nice case, no doubt about that. The leather ages quickly if not maintained like shoes. Some like that worn look, others do not. I'd avoid the gym, I'm sure like a leather watchband it would absorb sweat and start to stink ...

There is a video you can google about them dropping an iPhone from the upper atmosphere in one...spoiler alert: it lives.
Do you have a link to that video? I'd like to see it ��

It's just a marketing gimmick, not a true drop test ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hc38-VHIX8

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
It's a nice case, no doubt about that. The leather ages quickly if not maintained like shoes. Some like that worn look, others do not. I'd avoid the gym, I'm sure like a leather watchband it would absorb sweat and start to stink ...

It's just a marketing gimmick, not a true drop test ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hc38-VHIX8

Thanks for all that! 😊 and yeah that video is kinda laughable lol

fergusioricy

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Had a UAG case for my 5, I got used to the size of it but it was striking how much bulk it added when I'd remove it. The most protective cases I've seen are made from D3O (it hardens upon impact) - again though, really ugly. More and more I'm just using my screen protector from devicearmour.com and not using any case. I just wish a company would develop a stylish metal bumper that did the iPhone justice, even Apple themselves can't seem to figure it out

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I was also curious about the apple leather case. I was wondering how it ages? I go to the gym a lot.. Probably not a great idea to use it there?

It's a nice looking case I'll give it that!

I love my apple leather case. I had one for my 5s, and now one on my 6.

I use the black leather, and I never have an issue with poor aging even with going to the gym.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
...The most protective cases I've seen are made from D3O (it hardens upon impact) - again though, really ugly.
Does anyone else make a case using D3O besides Tech 21? I asked because you used the word "ugly" and that's not an adjective I've read associated with Tech 21 products but know of no other brand that uses D3O.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal