guys, Do you manually manage music and videos on your iphone or let itunes do it? any distinct advantages of one over the other? which would you guys recommend?
    06-12-2015 10:15 AM
    i personally dislike iTunes so I avoid using it whenever possible
    06-12-2015 10:35 AM
    I just dump it all to my iPhone automatically and let it sync as it needs to (since most of the time I buy music ON my iPhone anyways vs. on my computer). I used to manually manage it back when I didn't want to sync the whole library on the smaller storage versions I had in the past, but with my 64GB 6+, I don't have to worry about that anymore.
    06-12-2015 11:00 AM
    I sync one playlist of music to my iPhone that is ~5GB in size just to have some locally stored stuff. I do not watch videos on my iPhone. The vast majority of the time I listen to a streaming service like Soundcloud or stream my own library stored in Google Play Music. I don't sync with iTunes to change my playlist very much any more.
    06-12-2015 11:04 AM
    I use Smart Playlists to automatically manage the music on my phone. I have about 17,000 tracks of music, there is no way I can manually manage that.

Videos, I do manually when I put videos on the phone at all.
    06-13-2015 09:09 AM
    I don't have much music in my music library on the phone. But I do it manually. I buy each song. I keep videos in Box and Dropbox.

06-13-2015 01:02 PM
    I manually manage my music, but ever since I have started using Spotify Premium, I haven't bought a song or had to manage my music.
    06-14-2015 10:12 PM
    Check out Google Music. I've been using it for a long time. It's an awesome solution if you have lots of data. It pretty much analyzes your whole iTunes library and then uploads the whole thing to the cloud for streaming later. Easy, maintenance free way to have all of your music available on the cloud.
    Almost maintenance free. I have GMusic, too.

There is a desktop app that can automatically upload new items in your iTunes library, but there is nothing to manage what is already uploaded. If all you want is One Big Playlist of all your music, it's great.

But if you're like me, with live updating smart playlists, constantly shifting star-ratings up and down, fixing metadata issues in your library (missing artwork, munged track info, etc), those don't get re-uploaded. Nor are items removed from GMusic if you remove it from your iTunes library.
    06-15-2015 07:44 PM