Why do my iPhone 6 message apps keep crashing?

I

iMore Question

Iphone 6 messages app keeps crashing...

I woke up this morning and tried to open my message app and it immediately crashed without displaying anything (the screen was white when trying to open). I tried double tapping the home button and removing it from the apps in the background. Tried again, did not work. I tried holding down the lock/unlock button to restart my iphone, still did not work. I then tried holding down the home button and lock/unlock to restart the phone, still the message app crashed. However, I read to have siri read your texts, which she did. Still nothing worked. I tried to go through contacts to text someone, and it is now stuck on the one person I tried. I can open the message app, see my conversation with that person, but cannot go back to the 'home scree' within the messages app. I tried downloading the new 8.3 software and everything. Still did not work.
I then sync'd my phone with my PC and everything. Did not work.
Last thing I tried was restoring, and that still did not work.

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Iphone 6 messages app keeps crashing...

Its a viral message bug which happens when someone texts you a malicious sort of text message which makes your iphone reboot once and won't let you open messages without crashing. You have following choices to fix it:
A) Texting the person back using siri who sent you that message. It will fix the issue instantly.
B) Sending a photo to that person through photos app.
C) Asking that person to text you again if that person is your friend.
D) Reset your iDevice.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods