Why don't my iPhone 6 contact pics come with conversion?

I

iMore Question

iPhone 6 contact pics didn't come with conversion

Just got my first iPhone 6 with IOS 8. I had a blackberry z10 that was a corporate phone. Many of my contacts had pics that i assigned and some had linked from fb and linked in. None of the pics came over. There also doesn't seem to be a Contacts icon. I can message, email or call, but I can't just view contacts and then decide what I want to do from there. Any suggestions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 contact pics didn't come with conversion

Does your wireless provider have a backup option? If so, you may be able to use that service to backup the info on your Z10 and then transfer it over to your iPhone 6. Can you export your contacts and then send yourself an email with the exported file? Can you not upload your pics to Dropbox or something and then use the associated iOS app to download the pics on your iPhone 6?

MobileMadness002

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

The contacts icon is in the "Extras" folder on the second page. Took me a bit to find it too.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You can access your contacts from the app or from within the phone app. When you create contact cards in the contacts, you can enter whatever profile photos you want. You can send the photos from the Blackberry to the iPhone by email if you find no other way to transfer them.

DJxDARIENx

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site

I found the easiest way to put them onto my 6 plus from my Note 3 was Google Contacts/Gmail. The contacts that had pictures next to them, or i had them added on Google+ it automatically pulled their photos.