Hi,

I am trying to add my google account to my iPhone 6. It was previously working fine and I mistakenly deleted when changing something else, I now can't add it back.

I am doing the following:
    - Go to Settings
    - Select Add Account
    - Select Google

It opens a sign in window at accounts.google.com
    - I enter my email and password
    Note: this is a not hooked up to a gmail address its a separate email address that my google account is linked to.

Another window in accounts.google.com opens which indicates that
    "iOS would like to: ....view and manage email, vuew contacts, manage your calendars, etc"

There is a Cancel and Accept button. I hit the Accept button.

It then goes into a screen with Gmail written at the top and four lines for:
    Mail, Contacts, Calendar and Notes with the std iPhone swipe buttons on the end. The screen is greyed out with the swirling thinking link over the top.

It then returns to the Add Account screen with the listed of types and no new account has been added.

Its like I can log into the account but it then can't access it to add the account to the phone properly. I have checked and have 2 stage password set to NO.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nicole
    06-02-2015 01:46 AM
    I don't know. Maybe it's designed to only access an actual gmail account via that particular setup. Can you not do a directly configure the non gmail account?
    06-02-2015 08:05 AM
    Hi,

I am trying to add my google account to my iPhone 6. It was previously working fine and I mistakenly deleted when changing something else, I now can't add it back.

I am doing the following:
    - Go to Settings
    - Select Add Account
    - Select Google

It opens a sign in window at accounts.google.com
    - I enter my email and password
    Note: this is a not hooked up to a gmail address its a separate email address that my google account is linked to.

Another window in accounts.google.com opens which indicates that
    "iOS would like to: ....view and manage email, vuew contacts, manage your calendars, etc"

There is a Cancel and Accept button. I hit the Accept button.

It then goes into a screen with Gmail written at the top and four lines for:
    Mail, Contacts, Calendar and Notes with the std iPhone swipe buttons on the end. The screen is greyed out with the swirling thinking link over the top.

It then returns to the Add Account screen with the listed of types and no new account has been added.

Its like I can log into the account but it then can't access it to add the account to the phone properly. I have checked and have 2 stage password set to NO.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nicole
    Strange i have my school email on mine that isn't a google email but it's a Google account and add the same way. Check your account settings on a computer
    06-06-2015 07:02 AM
    Hey there,
    I'm having the exact same problem, did you find a solution to this at any point?
    06-12-2015 01:59 AM
    Oh I seem to have figured it out, I removed all my similar linked gmail accounts from my iPhone and then retried and it added the account no problem!
    Now to add the other accounts as well, haha.
    06-12-2015 02:08 AM
    I have the exact same issue. What did you do manekdsilva?
    09-11-2015 05:30 AM