16 gb users

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Still should buy as much space as you can possible afford. I rather buy more and don't need it then need it and don't have enough specially when in America you have 2 year contracts and monthly payments for 2 years or perhaps 1 year depending on what you choose. In Canada last time I actually read anything about contracts thise are 3 years but perhaps they changed or I was wrong? I rather not be stuck with 16GB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most people can only afford the 16 gb iPhone. It's the top seller for that reason. Jumping up another $100 is difficult for most people. But you're looking at it the way most here on an iDevice forum look at it. We are not the norm. Most here want as much storage as possible and get it so they can put 40 gb of music on their iPhone. Most iPhone users don't do that. Nor do most download movies that take a lot of space. But even though most who have the 16 gb iPhone manage their space well, I do thing the base model should be 32 gb, as long as the base price remains the same.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Most people can only afford the 16 gb iPhone. It's the top seller for that reason. Jumping up another $100 is difficult for most people. But you're looking at it the way most here on an iDevice forum look at it. We are not the norm. Most here want as much storage as possible and get it so they can put 40 gb of music on their iPhone. Most iPhone users don't do that. Nor do most download movies that take a lot of space. But even though most who have the 16 gb iPhone manage their space well, I do thing the base model should be 32 gb, as long as the base price remains the same.

That's why I said to buy the most you can afford. The 16GB isn't the most sold because it's all people can afford while is a big reason a lot of people also don't see the need to buy a bigger capacity phone. I know my mother can afford it but bought the 16GB because it was cheapest. For $5 more a Month she could of leased the 64GB

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

The issue I have with the 16 GB model is this: If a user cannot afford more than the 16 GB version, they will probably be keeping their phone longer than most of us. (I switch my iPhone every year, for example.) So, the storage problems a user can avoid with the 64 GB iPhone is well worth the extra $100. . . . This is only my opinion.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That's why I said to buy the most you can afford. The 16GB isn't the most sold because it's all people can afford while is a big reason a lot of people also don't see the need to buy a bigger capacity phone. I know my mother can afford it but bought the 16GB because it was cheapest. For $5 more a Month she could of leased the 64GB

And she'll most likely do well with 16 gb. Why pay more for no reason other than "I can"?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
And she'll most likely do well with 16 gb. Why pay more for no reason other than "I can"?

Do well? Busy deleting stuff all the time. I'm the one who has to go help her with why she doesn't have enough memory. The phone only has about 11GB of usable memory which is pretty sad in 2015. If you can afford it you should always choose 64GB

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Do well? Busy deleting stuff all the time. I'm the one who has to go help her with why she doesn't have enough memory. The phone only has about 11GB of usable memory which is pretty sad in 2015. If you can afford it you should always choose 64GB

I agree- I don't want to have to decide which apps are most important or do I really need to carry all those pictures. I want to enjoy using my phone without those space restrictions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gdruin74

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I get by with no problem. Unlimited T-Mobile plan allows me to stream music and not store it on the phone. Things like google drive and iCloud allow me to access photos and not keep them all on the phone. And I use iTunes Match also.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree- I don't want to have to decide which apps are most important or do I really need to carry all those pictures. I want to enjoy using my phone without those space restrictions.

My point is that most people can not afford that extra $100. It's a stretch for most to afford a 16 gb phone.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I can afford to buy a 32 or 64 gb. I bought two 32 gb phones for my kids. I just know that 16 gb will work for me so why spend the extra money. I keep my photos on Dropbox, I don't play games or have music on my device and I only use the apps that I need. If I have an app installed that I don't use I get rid of it.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
My point is that most people can not afford that extra $100. It's a stretch for most to afford a 16 gb phone.

Most people? It's a minority or a 50/50 at best. Most people just don't see the value in it and rather mess around deleting stuff

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I get by with no problem. Unlimited T-Mobile plan allows me to stream music and not store it on the phone. Things like google drive and iCloud allow me to access photos and not keep them all on the phone. And I use iTunes Match also.

And how would you access it underground where your subway has only added cellphone service in like 10% of the whole Line? Unless your going to have a signal 150% of the time unlimited data or not it's smart to download some stuff

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Most people? It's a minority or a 50/50 at best. Most people just don't see the value in it and rather mess around deleting stuff

50% of the population are on gov't assistance of some kind. Yes, MOST people buy the 16 gb because it's all they can afford. They need that $100 for living expenses.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I went for the 64 GB for the simple fact that the cost benefit made sense 100 more to quadruple the memory. The 128 GB did NOT make sense to me since the extra 100 that time only doubled my memory. So I opted for 64. :)

rockitdog23

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
By putting my phone down from time to time and not living my life on or through my phone. I don't keep videos on my phone or excessive amounts of music and apps on my device. I also clear out my photos every couple of months.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
50% of the population are on gov't assistance of some kind. Yes, MOST people buy the 16 gb because it's all they can afford. They need that $100 for living expenses.

Then they aren't buying iPhones.... Cheap android full priced on networks like Net 10, Boost, cricket or etc

The Moto E is like $150 full priced and thus cheaper plans since you don't have to lease, finance or a 2 year contract

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Then they aren't buying iPhones.... Cheap android full priced on networks like Net 10, Boost, cricket or etc

The Moto E is like $150 full priced and thus cheaper plans since you don't have to lease, finance or a 2 year contract

Many do. But even a big portion of them prefer iPhones. And don't forget the % who still use the Obamaphone.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Many do. But even a big portion of them prefer iPhones. And don't forget the % who still use the Obamaphone.

If your hurting for money preference of OS fakes a back seat..... Android is cheaper up front and plans are as well. Metro PCS is $30 and you can easily get an Moto E for around $150

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
What is a "normal user". In my opinion if you own a iPhone you're past a normal user simply because of all the apps and games that are available on the Apple network. I'm managing 32gb right now (3.5gb left) and I hate having to do so. Music, photos, wallpapers and videos is whole other story. I like my "stuff" on my phone and not having to worry about reaching for the clouds ....."when available" ......just my .02cents

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods