16 gb users

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I find that I could probably get by with about 8GB on any smartphone. I suppose I'm not "normal" but I have never been able to get even close to using anywhere near half of my 16GB. No music, maybe 4-6 extra apps, no huge amount of photos........

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I was able to on my iPhone 5s and below, and I could probably get away with it on my 6 plus, but I don't want to have to. I like having all of my pictures of my niece in one place and not having to worry about loading them onto my external hard drive.

I did make sure to transfer and delete photos off my phone once a week when I had a 16gb phone, which helped a lot. Also deleting text messages helped, especially if conversations had a lot of pictures in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't put a ton of music on mine. I have about 120 apps. 260 photos on the camera roll. 7 email accounts. A lot of notes. About 1 gig music. I have 4 gb available.

will cotto

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I have a 6 plus 16 gig and it's ok wish the base was a 32 gig the updates are big..and the pictures come out so good that you catch yourself taking more pictures then you would think..and the sound is so good you have to put music on it..just saying I make it work because I don't need too many apps..

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a 6 plus 16 gig and it's ok wish the base was a 32 gig the updates are big..and the pictures come out so good that you catch yourself taking more pictures then you would think..and the sound is so good you have to put music on it..just saying I make it work because I don't need too many apps..

They fixed the update issue and will be even better for iOS 9. Photos you can upload to Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. That saves space on the phone.

whetrick1

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I bought a 16 gb the first time and when I looked at the storage it only had 10 gigs. So I took it back to best buy and they didn't have the 64 gig. They said it was on back order and offered me the 128 gig and took another 100. Dollars off so you can say I got it for the same price as the 64 gig and I'm happy with the way it works. This is my first iPhone and I love it.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Some people don't need big. My Wife has had a 32 gb iPhone 5c for over a year. She still has over 20 gb available.

Still should buy as much space as you can possible afford. I rather buy more and don't need it then need it and don't have enough specially when in America you have 2 year contracts and monthly payments for 2 years or perhaps 1 year depending on what you choose. In Canada last time I actually read anything about contracts thise are 3 years but perhaps they changed or I was wrong? I rather not be stuck with 16GB

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I not only get by, but it's not an issue for me with my 5S. I don't store music or photos on my device, and I only have around 15 apps. I've had my 5S for over a year and have almost 9gb available. That's all I need.

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
How do you guys manage to get by with just 16 gb of storage?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Common sense.

I only put apps on it. I don't play any games and don't want to.

All my photos are now uploaded to the new Google Photos. Before that I did iCloud Photo Library.

All my music is on my iPod Classic 80GB.

I just make it work. But for the record im getting a 64GB iPhone 7.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I barely scrape by actually, I thought it would be plenty since it is for my iPad Air, but for my phone, it's cutting it close. I my next one will be a 128GB so I can put movies in it too.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I could possibly get by with a 16 gig model, but at the same time I like having all the extra memory in case I wanna add music, or an app or so.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner