Hi folks.
    I'm currently using a Windows Phone and have decided to switch to Apple to experience the ecosystem as well. I know there are enough threads already related to this question but I needed to ask anyway.

I'm a normal user. I keep maximum 100-200 songs, and about 50-60 apps on my phone. I prefer streaming videos on my phone and not to keep them downloaded. I don't watch movies or play much games on it. I have a PC for that. But the thing that is forcing me to ask the same question is, how much storage does the new "Timelapse" and 240FPS Slo-Mo takes up (for a short duration, say like 20-30 secs). I have no idea about it. And yes, I am near a PC all the time so I prefer to keep my backup of my photos and videos on my PC.

So any of you iPhone users, who have taken Timelapse and Slo-Mo, can you please tell me how much size that takes because the camera is one of the features that has attracted me to make a switch.

Here are the final stats :
    Available Storage : Around 12Gb out of 16 (I can reinstall apps again if the iOS update wants more space)
    50-60 Apps : 3-4Gb roughly.
    100-200 Songs : 2-3Gb.

So I have around 3-4Gb storage left for the camera. Please give your views about it.
    05-30-2015 12:38 PM
    Although the 16 GB model should be sufficient, I highly recommend the 64 GB model, if you money isn't an issue. You'll be getting 4 times the amount for $100 more. Having said that, you could use the 16 GB model in conjunction with a cloud service if you get really low on storage space. Personally, I could easily get by with 16 Gigs, but the extra storage space that the 64 gig model offers allowed me to be a bit more lenient in regard to my storage habits.
    05-30-2015 12:44 PM
    I'm with Just_Me_D, purchase the most storage you can afford. You'll thank yourself later.
    DeenaS likes this.
    05-30-2015 12:47 PM
    Yes I feel 64Gb is good enough but here, its costing almost 200$ extra for 64Gb model. That's why I asked for 16Gb. But I still need to know how much space slo-mo and timelapse takes up. If not much, then I will go for 16Gb otherwise I will have to go with 64Gb anyhow and I dont have the budget for it right now.
    05-30-2015 01:18 PM
    Yes I feel 64Gb is good enough but here, its costing almost 200$ extra for 64Gb model. That's why I asked for 16Gb. But I still need to know how much space slo-mo and timelapse takes up. If not much, then I will go for 16Gb otherwise I will have to go with 64Gb anyhow and I dont have the budget for it right now.
    Without knowing the length of the video(s), how could we possibly answer that question?
    05-30-2015 01:25 PM
    Personally I think apple should do away with 16gig phones. Most people I know with the 16gig model are always juggling space issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    05-30-2015 01:27 PM
    Personally I think apple should do away with 16gig phones. Most people I know with the 16gig model are always juggling space issues.

I completely agree with you.
    Chrisy likes this.
    05-30-2015 01:28 PM

From some rumors that's been showing up lately that's going to be the case on the 6s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-30-2015 03:21 PM
    Hi folks.
    I'm currently using a Windows Phone and have decided to switch to Apple to experience the ecosystem as well. I know there are enough threads already related to this question but I needed to ask anyway.

I'm a normal user. I keep maximum 100-200 songs, and about 50-60 apps on my phone. I prefer streaming videos on my phone and not to keep them downloaded. I don't watch movies or play much games on it. I have a PC for that. But the thing that is forcing me to ask the same question is, how much storage does the new "Timelapse" and 240FPS Slo-Mo takes up (for a short duration, say like 20-30 secs). I have no idea about it. And yes, I am near a PC all the time so I prefer to keep my backup of my photos and videos on my PC.

So any of you iPhone users, who have taken Timelapse and Slo-Mo, can you please tell me how much size that takes because the camera is one of the features that has attracted me to make a switch.

Here are the final stats :
    Available Storage : Around 12Gb out of 16 (I can reinstall apps again if the iOS update wants more space)
    50-60 Apps : 3-4Gb roughly.
    100-200 Songs : 2-3Gb.

So I have around 3-4Gb storage left for the camera. Please give your views about it.
    Of course, YMMV, but 16GB is not enough for my needs.
    05-30-2015 03:26 PM
    If you have to tip-toe around the storage you should seriously consider at least 64. I have about 250 apps 2 iTunes movies a few gig of videos maybe 100 songs a ton of pics on a 64 and have 16 gig left. A lot of the apps I can get rid of the home video too and the pics just haven't gotten around to doing it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    05-30-2015 03:26 PM
    Yes. I know many 'normal' users who get along just fine with 16gb.
    Oofa likes this.
    05-30-2015 03:34 PM
    I do just fine with 16GB. I listen to my music at home and don't need a phone for that. I don't really use my phone for anything that takes up a lot of GB. I think I'd do just fine with about 8GB.

What is it that you all do with your phones that require at least a 64GB purchase??
    05-30-2015 05:08 PM
    I have no problems with my 16gb iPhone 6, I still have 9gb left after all of my apps and maybe 30 songs.. I also invested in a 32 gb Sandisk Wifi Flash Drive for 40 at Best Buy.. Love it, for me I like the 'physical' backup over cloud, and I take my pictures off my phone every few weeks, whats the sense of taking pictures if they are going to sit on your phone and collect dust, with the wifi flash drive I can easily move them to my ipad or pc laptop.. All in all just my configuration, but for my needs, 16gb is more than enough at this time
    05-30-2015 05:17 PM
    It's enough if you don't put a lot of music on it.

Chrisy likes this.
    05-30-2015 05:23 PM
    It's enough if you don't put a lot of music on it.

Or movies. . . . Movies are a killer.
    Chrisy likes this.
    05-30-2015 05:25 PM
    You can also always buy a space pack by mophie later if you find you need the extra space. It's basically a battery pack and extra storage for iPhones

Bigeric23 likes this.
    05-30-2015 05:29 PM
    No way 16 gigs is definitely not enough storage.

Bigeric23, Chrisy and Spencerdl like this.
    05-30-2015 09:08 PM

That was fun for me about 15 months into my iPhone 4 life.

05-30-2015 10:29 PM
    You can also always buy a space pack by mophie later if you find you need the extra space. It's basically a battery pack and extra storage for iPhones

Eh it's not like taking say a micro sd card into an Android device or a USB stick with a laptop. Only certain files and has to be done through a special app

05-30-2015 10:30 PM
    No way 16 gigs is definitely not enough storage.

It's plenty if you only keep about 4 gigs of music. Many users have no music at all on their phone. I've made do with the 16 gb iP 5 for almost 2 years now. My limitations are a lot of music and huge apps over 300 mb.

Chrisy likes this.
    05-30-2015 10:30 PM

And this is on a 128GB iPhone 6 plus. Take away the movies and games I still have like 2 gb of music, Facebook takes a decent chunk and also photos gotten as high as 2.5GB before I cleaned some out. Also video is taking up a bit of space

05-30-2015 10:32 PM
    It's plenty if you only keep about 4 gigs of music. Many users have no music at all on their phone. I've made do with the 16 gb iP 5 for almost 2 years now. My limitations are a lot of music and huge apps over 300 mb.

Eh I only have like 6-7 albums saved on my phone and is already taking 2 GB

05-30-2015 10:33 PM
    I thought you said you were a normal user... I have about 6500 songs on my iPhone and about 30 apps, including the ones I cannot delete because their part of the firmware.
    Get the 64GB phone. You should try to keep at least 1GB unused for the phone to use as slack space, and depending on your actual usage, there is a usage category in iOS called "Other" that is not well-defined, is not under your control, and can grow or shrink in what appears to be an arbitrary manner. Mine typically hovers around 1.2GB, I've seen it as low as 800MB and as large as ~2GB.

While straight-up photos aren't that big off the iPhone 6 (mine are all less than 2MB each), video may be another matter, especially slow-mo which uses more frames-per-second.
    05-31-2015 08:57 AM
    I'm a little confused on how iCloud works with the photos. If I remove the photos from my phone, will they be removed from the iCloud as well?
    05-31-2015 08:11 PM
    I'm a little confused on how iCloud works with the photos. If I remove the photos from my phone, will they be removed from the iCloud as well?
    If you have iCloud Photo Library enabled, yes.
    05-31-2015 08:13 PM
93 123 ...