OP
    I use a 16gb Iphone 6 w/o space issues and consider myself a normal user. If it helps, I understand the the ios 9 install will only require approximately half as much as ios 8 meaning users might be able to reclaim 1-2 gbs of storage, which will be helpful to 16gb devices.
    07-16-2015 12:31 PM
    OP
    I use a 16gb Iphone 6 w/o space issues and consider myself a normal user. If it helps, I understand the the ios 9 install will only require approximately half as much as ios 8 meaning users might be able to reclaim 1-2 gbs of storage, which will be helpful to 16gb devices.
    That's incorrect. The 1.3 gb is just the space needed for the update. So to update, 1.3 gb is all you need available to do it. It has nothing to do with the space the OS takes on the device.
    Closingracer likes this.
    07-16-2015 12:38 PM
    I've bought iPhone 6 with 16Gb. And now I know for sure that I would never buy less then 32Gb version. I've just tiered with everyday notifications "You don't have enough storage memory".
    Chrisy likes this.
    07-16-2015 12:48 PM
    If hurting for the cash, a S6 isn't going to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes it is. Both phones are $200 at the typical 2 year contract. If I remember the pricing the s6 is also cheaper at financed pricing as well. And if you want to argue the iPhone 5S the Samsung Galaxy S5 is still a better option

07-16-2015 08:52 PM
    OP

I'm running ios 9 and it's still taking the same amount of space as iOS 8 did

07-16-2015 08:57 PM
    Had the 16gb, then returned it. The problem is that Apple put out to devs saying they are going to increase the allotted size apps can be. Already you see more and more apps getting close to 100mb. Even with iOS 9, claiming it will reduce size and usage requirements , I wouldn't hold my breath. For just a 100 bucks more you are getting more than enough space. Apple got sued recently because of the 16gb because after the OS is on there, there's like 6gb left.

07-16-2015 10:10 PM
    Had the 16gb, then returned it. The problem is that Apple put out to devs saying they are going to increase the allotted size apps can be. Already you see more and more apps getting close to 100mb. Even with iOS 9, claiming it will reduce size and usage requirements , I wouldn't hold my breath. For just a 100 bucks more you are getting more than enough space. Apple got sued recently because of the 16gb because after the OS is on there, there's like 6gb left.

Get it right,now. There is about 12gb left.

07-17-2015 04:08 PM
    12gb is nothing.

07-17-2015 05:05 PM
    It's more like 11GB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-17-2015 06:54 PM
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07...73015c60e0.jpg

I'm running ios 9 and it's still taking the same amount of space as iOS 8 did

You should give your phone a name. Just "iPhone" don't cut it. Maybe "Closingracer's iPhone 6" or whatever.
    Closingracer likes this.
    07-17-2015 07:21 PM
    You should give your phone a name. Just "iPhone" don't cut it. Maybe "Closingracer's iPhone 6" or whatever.
    Lol maybe I should name it that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-17-2015 07:22 PM
    Oops. Mods delete.
    07-20-2015 06:21 AM
    Something I keep hearing often is the fact that if you record a lot of videos it takes up a lot of storage rather fast.

Regardless of what storage I have I don't like to keep videos/photos on my phone any longer than I have to. I either put them in the cloud, or put them on my computer right away. That way if my phone gets ****ed up in any way I don't lose precious memories.

I do this right after I take said video or picture so that way later I don't have to transfer a **** load of files and then delete a **** load of files. It's just, take the picture, upload to Google Drive, then I can delete the photo.

That's just the way I do things. It has nothing to do with conserving storage whatsoever but it just baffles me that people would keep multiple gigabytes of videos/photos on their phone and either, not do anything with them other then look at them on their phone, or do something with the photos/videos and then continue to just let them sit on their phone.

This is why I'm so content with 16 GB. I don't like to have anything on my phone unless I feel that for me personally, it is absolutely necessary. I'm not going to cram 500 songs that I'll probably listen to only once, a year from now or 30 movies that I'll watch only once on a plane ride etc. I have an iPad for that ****. And if I'm in a situation where I absolutely have to listen to a song that I do not have on my phone I'm 99% sure I can find it on YouTube and I'm 99% sure that I will have some sort of Internet access.

I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill but that's just my two cents
    07-20-2015 06:42 AM
    The problem these threads keep having is that people always ask the wrong question from the get go...

Don't ask... "Is the 16GB enough?" (or some variant of that)

...ask "CAN the 16GB model be enough?", to which the answer is a much more clear and simple concept.

All this discussion is probably moot now though...

http://forums.imore.com/general-appl...ml#post2559302
    07-20-2015 11:14 AM
    I finally convinced my wife to start using DropBox since she's always running out of space on her 16GB 5s.
    07-21-2015 10:12 AM
    Switched from HTC M8 to iPhone 6s space was a issue....
    Things i did to make sure 16gb is more then enough;

Install google music: 50.000? Songs for free. This should be enough...you can sync all your iTunes music to google music. Set it to low data use and you save streaming data..

Google photos: save pictures on high quality, unlimited storage..delete your photos app weekly! Don't forget to delete "recently deleted"

Don't use I cloud, it will cost you money, and your thumbnails will take storage on your phone. I used to have about 12.000 thumbnails and it would take me a lot of storage on phone

Movie on your iPhone? Take the time to go to cinema or at home...

Only install apps you really use daily, the rest is unnecessary...

Apps like Facebook? Use bookmark and add to home screen! Save you about 300mb storage!

For me, I used 3,1 GB / 8.5 free :-)

Good luck!
    06-29-2016 03:42 AM
    For my point of view for users who, particularly use lots of apps or taking many photos with Apple’s new Live Photos feature turned on, a 16GB iPhone probably doesn’t have enough storage.
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-05-2016 08:50 AM

To start with a 16 gb iPhone, you get about 11.3 gb available on iOS 9.
    07-05-2016 11:05 AM
93 ... 234