I own one iPhone 6, 16 GB recently. And the apps and songs took most of the space. And pics didn't. If you just one of Photo Fun. I think 16 GB is enough. In addition, you can use network cloud service if have no enough space.
    07-07-2015 10:13 AM
    If you want want a lot of either games, music, or movies, a 16 gig device will never suffice.

However, I use pandora for music, Netflix for movies, and don't have any games that take up a lot of a storage so I am 100% content with 16gb.
    07-07-2015 04:44 PM
    NO, 16gb is not enough...PERIOD
    07-07-2015 04:47 PM
    My 80 year old Mom has an iPhone 4s with some really piddly-low amount of storage and whatever she has is enough/too much for her because all she does is look at her email and text us. 16GB is overkill for someone like her. I wonder how many in her age group are similar. I'd say IF you store ANY media on your phone...no, 16GB is not enough unless you plan to really juggle space or just suffer when you run out. I told my wife that 16GB was not enough for her and she was hard-headed and has to borrow my phones because she doesn't have enough space. Now she knows.
    07-07-2015 05:59 PM
    16 GB is perfectly acceptable for a normal user. Notice how most of these people
    Are saying they have tons and tons of music. Well then you are not a normal user then.
    07-08-2015 01:04 AM
    16 GB is perfectly acceptable for a normal user. Notice how most of these people
    Are saying they have tons and tons of music. Well then you are not a normal user then.
    The thing is that "normal user" can only be subjective.
    07-08-2015 08:38 AM
    It's not "right" for the normal user if your deleting apps. For $100 more or $5 depending on carrier ( Sprint) it's well worth spending the money for the 64GB. Sprint leasing plan is only $5 dollars more for each upgrade so $5 more per month for the 64GB or $10 more for the 128GB. With T-Mobile I think they just increase the down payment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I only like having apps on my iPhone I'm going to use, so I'll tend to download a few apps & see which has features that I really need or will be something that I'll use regularly (if not I'll delete it so I've got space to try different apps).

As I've also got a 16GB iPod Touch 5th Generation I tend to keep apps that won't get much use like iMovie or games that'll eat my battery or distract me when I'm on the bus.

With my 16GB iPhone 6 Plus I find that I'm having to delete less apps than what I had to with my 8GB iPhone 4S (I only had the choice of the 8GB model or paying 99 upfront for a 5S from my Carrier Three UK, I bought my 6 Plus from Three UK as handset only for 619.99 16GB was only in my budget for the 6 Plus. Since the iOS 8.4 update I seem to be having more free space compared with 8.3.

Roland
    07-08-2015 01:44 PM
    I only like having apps on my iPhone I'm going to use, so I'll tend to download a few apps & see which has features that I really need or will be something that I'll use regularly (if not I'll delete it so I've got space to try different apps).

As I've also got a 16GB iPod Touch 5th Generation I tend to keep apps that won't get much use like iMovie or games that'll eat my battery or distract me when I'm on the bus.

With my 16GB iPhone 6 Plus I find that I'm having to delete less apps than what I had to with my 8GB iPhone 4S (I only had the choice of the 8GB model or paying 99 upfront for a 5S from my Carrier Three UK, I bought my 6 Plus from Three UK as handset only for 619.99 16GB was only in my budget for the 6 Plus. Since the iOS 8.4 update I seem to be having more free space compared with 8.3.

Roland
    You're not a "normal user". Most users I would say are "normal" is people who have like 4-7 games like candy crush and etc, some music, take about 10-40 pictures a month perhaps have about 1-4 social media apps and maybe 4-15 more "other" apps like for banking. With effectively 12GB or so of free space that isn't a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-08-2015 05:25 PM
    07-08-2015 06:00 PM
    It's too bad 32GB isn't offered.
    07-08-2015 06:02 PM
    You're not a "normal user". Most users I would say are "normal" is people who have like 4-7 games like candy crush and etc, some music, take about 10-40 pictures a month perhaps have about 1-4 social media apps and maybe 4-15 more "other" apps like for banking. With effectively 12GB or so of free space that isn't a lot

I've got Candy Crush Soda Saga, Wordox & Godus currently on my phone along with Amazon, eBay, PayPal, my Banks app, Subcard app for when I go to Subway, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, iMore app, Tapatalk, YouTube, YouTube Creator Studio, YouTube Capture, Google Hangouts, Skype, Facebook Messenger, Apple Store, 3 Sports apps, Layout, Google Photo Sphere, Google Docs, Microsoft OneNote, Sync Solver Fitbit to Health, Sync Solver Health to Fitbit, Nike+ Fuel, Nike+ Running, Instant Heart Rate, MSN Health & Fitness, Fitbit, Google Inbox, 14 assorted apps not listed & about 33 Pictures, Screenshots & Videos that I've taken in less than a month waiting to be uploaded to iCloud Photo Library & about 6 Ringtones.

I used to sync/download music to my iPhone but since  Music I tend to stream music more & will only make. Music offline for when I know I'll be away from a charger & don't want to have notifications draining my battery.

Roland

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    07-09-2015 01:37 AM
    I had ~1000 songs on my 16GB iPhone 5. I have ~6500 on my 64GB iPhone 6. My full library on my PC has more then 16,000.
    OMG, how do you listen all 6500 songs? Do you play nonstop??
    07-09-2015 12:34 PM
    I've got Candy Crush Soda Saga, Wordox & Godus currently on my phone along with Amazon, eBay, PayPal, my Banks app, Subcard app for when I go to Subway, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, iMore app, Tapatalk, YouTube, YouTube Creator Studio, YouTube Capture, Google Hangouts, Skype, Facebook Messenger, Apple Store, 3 Sports apps, Layout, Google Photo Sphere, Google Docs, Microsoft OneNote, Sync Solver Fitbit to Health, Sync Solver Health to Fitbit, Nike+ Fuel, Nike+ Running, Instant Heart Rate, MSN Health & Fitness, Fitbit, Google Inbox, 14 assorted apps not listed & about 33 Pictures, Screenshots & Videos that I've taken in less than a month waiting to be uploaded to iCloud Photo Library & about 6 Ringtones.

I used to sync/download music to my iPhone but since  Music I tend to stream music more & will only make. Music offline for when I know I'll be away from a charger & don't want to have notifications draining my battery.

Roland

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    As I said 11-12GB or whatever it is for the 16GB iPhone that's free and will be even less whenever they ( Apple) updates the device with a newer version of iOS*. 1GB or less left open is basically "full". Your going to be stuck with the phone for two years or perhaps even longer.

* iPhone 4 16GB had around 14.5 GB space left. iPhone 6 has a considerable amount less.

07-09-2015 10:58 PM
    I was a normal user with iPhone 5s 16 GB and i find it not enough for me. So, I decided to bought iPhone 6 64 GB.
    07-09-2015 11:00 PM
    I was able to manage with 16GB but man am I glad I have 64GB now.
    07-10-2015 09:23 AM
    OMG, how do you listen all 6500 songs? Do you play nonstop??
    My entire library of music is about 17,000 tracks, of which about 10,000 are in smart playlist rotation for the iPhone. I've been collecting music since high school in the '80s.

My music management consists of nested smart playlists to automagically move music on and off the device as I listen to them, ratings, etc. And then on the device, I play the master playlist on shuffle. In order to get a good mix on the shuffle, I need as much music on there as feasible.

And while I don't play the music non-stop, I do have an hour+ commute each way for work, and I listen to my music while at my desk. With this many tracks on the phone at once, I can go a week before I have to re-sync with iTunes to exchange music to refresh what's available.
    07-10-2015 12:17 PM
    If you can somehow justify the extra $100, then you should go for the 64. I "justified" the 128gb and still have around 30 gigs free... Well worth it I think.
    07-12-2015 10:48 AM
    If you can somehow justify the extra $100, then you should go for the 64. I "justified" the 128gb and still have around 30 gigs free... Well worth it I think.
    Solid point. The 16 just isn't enough, so I didn't have a hard time "justifying " the upgrade to 64 GB. In my opinion, upgrading to the second storage option is a no-brainier. Even if you think that 16 is plenty, you will find out quickly that you can use it up in no time.

Also, if you can quadruple your storage space for $100 (16 GB to 64 GB), there really isn't a reason to stay at 16 GB.
    07-12-2015 04:33 PM
    Also, if you can quadruple your storage space for $100 (16 GB to 64 GB), there really isn't a reason to stay at 16 GB.
    I believe the only real reason anyone would opt for the 16GB vs 64GB nowadays is because the $100 is more critical than the 48GB that it buys. $750 and $850 for the 64GB options is non-trivial to some which I believe to be why we so many folks with the 16GB models.
    07-13-2015 02:20 AM
    I believe the only real reason anyone would opt for the 16GB vs 64GB nowadays is because the $100 is more critical than the 48GB that it buys. $750 and $850 for the 64GB options is non-trivial to some which I believe to be why we so many folks with the 16GB models.
    Tbh if you were hurting for the cash and you aren't an Apple fanboy I would just suggest an Android phone like the Samsung Galaxy S6 which at least has 32GB ( or note 4 for the large phone people ) or the HTC M9 which is a 32GB phone with a micro sd card slot. Space is important and I just think it's absurd for Apple to keep the 16GB option when you take into consideration apps are getting bigger and the phone doesn't actually come with 16GB free for the user to use.

07-15-2015 03:03 AM
    Solid point. The 16 just isn't enough, so I didn't have a hard time "justifying " the upgrade to 64 GB. In my opinion, upgrading to the second storage option is a no-brainier. Even if you think that 16 is plenty, you will find out quickly that you can use it up in no time.

Honestly if I was only afford a new phone for $200 on contract or in my case with sprint a $20 dollar lease I would rather get an Android phone with more space or a micro sad card slot. With the amount of music I listen to is enough of a reason I could never use a 16GB phone.

I am currently paying $35 a month for my iPhone 6 plus 128GB on sprint leasing it

07-15-2015 03:06 AM
    I love make video. And some time i think, that 64GB is not enough.
    If you don't do very very many photos & video & don't need all time have it in memory of your phone (not in clouds or hdd) - hope that version with 16GB is enough.
    07-15-2015 06:26 AM
    I completely agree with you.
    Me too.
    07-16-2015 05:18 AM
    The debate still rages! My rule of thumb. LOL
    If you want more than 5 gb of music and/or huge apps or movies, get the 64 gb. Everything else, including photos, can be managed.
    07-16-2015 10:32 AM
    Tbh if you were hurting for the cash and you aren't an Apple fanboy I would just suggest an Android phone like the Samsung Galaxy S6 which at least has 32GB ( or note 4 for the large phone people ) or the HTC M9 which is a 32GB phone with a micro sd card slot. Space is important and I just think it's absurd for Apple to keep the 16GB option when you take into consideration apps are getting bigger and the phone doesn't actually come with 16GB free for the user to use.

If hurting for the cash, a S6 isn't going to help.

07-16-2015 12:18 PM
93 1234