I'm a little confused on how iCloud works with the photos. If I remove the photos from my phone, will they be removed from the iCloud as well?
    Look at it the same way as if you have photos both on the camera roll and in an album in the photos app. If you delete a photo from the camera roll, it's also deleted from the album.

05-31-2015 09:11 PM
    I have 16gb version of the iPhone 6+ and it's plenty. That saying, I do use drop box for my photos. I also use spotify instead of buying tons of songs.
    06-01-2015 03:49 AM
    I'm a little late coming into this thread but honestly I regretted getting my 16G iPad the second I realised that I could only put six films on it and no music. So on a phone, between my music and my pictures, I would no way be able to live with 16G.

For a young teenager, it's probably enough. For someone in the mid teens or an adult, I would not recommend it.
    06-01-2015 09:49 AM
    I'm a little late coming into this thread but honestly I regretted getting my 16G iPad the second I realised that I could only put six films on it and no music. So on a phone, between my music and my pictures, I would no way be able to live with 16G.

For a young teenager, it's probably enough. For someone in the mid teens or an adult, I would not recommend it.
    The problems is that it is never 16GB.

I have a 128GB iPad yet only have 114GB avaliable to me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-03-2015 01:37 PM
    Well the OS itself always takes up room.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    06-04-2015 03:43 AM
    I'd say no. The OS itself seems to take up more space as more non-removable apps keep getting thrown into the fray. I'd venture to say that for only $100 more, you're getting more than double the space!

You'll be less conscientious of the space and enjoy the device more I think. It's ultimately up to you but if you plan to keep it awhile, you'll either need the physical space or be dependent on cloud services.
    Closingracer likes this.
    06-04-2015 07:56 AM
    Well the OS itself always takes up room.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    But that's the problem. I had a 16GB iPhone 4 and it was OK because I had around 14-15GB to be able to use myself. Now the iPhone 6 has around 11-13 I believe.

06-04-2015 09:16 PM
    100-200 songs is normal use? Lol I'm behind
    Closingracer likes this.
    06-05-2015 12:04 PM
    I don't keep music or photos on my iPhone, just apps and use it for a phone, so 16 gb is fine for me!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    06-05-2015 12:28 PM
    I had ~1000 songs on my 16GB iPhone 5. I have ~6500 on my 64GB iPhone 6. My full library on my PC has more then 16,000.
    06-05-2015 12:31 PM
    If I put my whole collection on my phone it would take around 13-15GB in the mp3 format

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-05-2015 12:38 PM
    If I put my whole collection on my phone it would take around 13-15GB in the mp3 format

Right same. I have like 30 songs on my phone and have my music on an iPod classic
    Closingracer likes this.
    06-06-2015 06:12 AM
    Personally I think apple should do away with 16gig phones. Most people I know with the 16gig model are always juggling space issues.

I'm in that camp! I got a 16GB 5c to save money and I'm always having space issues. I'm a normal user too. I went to put my first movie on the phone and ...no way... Not even close to enough room. I have about 55 app, and 700 songs and 40 podcast episodes. That about takes up my space.
    06-06-2015 06:46 AM
    Right same. I have like 30 songs on my phone and have my music on an iPod classic
    I have a 128GB iPhone so it's not a huge deal and I am using Google music all access or whatever it's called so I save the music I am currently listening to and stream the rest

Shanicenicolle likes this.
    06-06-2015 02:00 PM
    I wondered too, but took the risk and bought a 16 GB. After many months I've settled in at around 26% space remaining, but then I only have maybe 50 songs, hundreds of photos but no videos.

It's certainly possible for some of us to get by with only 16 GB, but it's a risk - especially if you're into taking videos.
    06-06-2015 04:39 PM
    I wondered too, but took the risk and bought a 16 GB. After many months I've settled in at around 26% space remaining, but then I only have maybe 50 songs, hundreds of photos but no videos.

It's certainly possible for some of us to get by with only 16 GB, but it's a risk - especially if you're into taking videos.
    I use a 16 gb 5. I store small videos in Box. The large video files go in Dropbox. I also store photos, gifs, and png images in those apps. I don't keep much music. About 100 songs. I have 4.2 gb available. Got it in August of 2013.

06-06-2015 06:51 PM
    There's no way I could deal with a 16GB iPhone. I have 19GB of music alone on my 64Gig iPhone. It would be a waste of money, for me, to purchase anything that holds 16GB.
    06-09-2015 10:03 AM
    The first iPhone 6 that I got was a 16 gb and when I saw how much storage I had I took it back under the trade in period. Paid an extra 100 dollars and got a 128 gb iPhone6.

07-02-2015 07:33 PM
    16 wouldn't suite my needs at all. Having the 64 gives be piece of mind. It allows me to freely use my phone without worry as well.
    07-05-2015 11:16 AM
    I'd say 64GB is generally a better investment. You'll have enough space not to be concerned about it and should your usage habits grow you'll be covered. Further, I believe resale value may be better on the higher capacity models so there is that. That said, you don't need to get way more storage than you need. I got a 128GB 6+ and I just wasted money me thinks. 32-64GB would be more than enough given that I have other phones I use regularly. I think 64GB is a safe bet if not a fiscal burden.
    07-05-2015 11:50 AM
    I've got a 16GB 6 Plus and it's about right for a normal user, but I tend to delete apps I don't use to keep some spare storage. I also keep my Pictures backed up to iCloud Photo Library, Microsoft OnDrive & Google Photos, now that there's Streaming within the Music app I don't need to purchase Music anymore and can download music temporarly when I know there is going to be any patchy cell service
    07-05-2015 02:48 PM
    I've got a 16GB 6 Plus and it's about right for a normal user, but I tend to delete apps I don't use to keep some spare storage. I also keep my Pictures backed up to iCloud Photo Library, Microsoft OnDrive & Google Photos, now that there's Streaming within the Music app I don't need to purchase Music anymore and can download music temporarly when I know there is going to be any patchy cell service
    It's not "right" for the normal user if your deleting apps. For $100 more or $5 depending on carrier ( Sprint) it's well worth spending the money for the 64GB. Sprint leasing plan is only $5 dollars more for each upgrade so $5 more per month for the 64GB or $10 more for the 128GB. With T-Mobile I think they just increase the down payment

Chrisy likes this.
    07-06-2015 05:12 PM
    I think the 16gb is not enough (for me) I will fill up 16gb in no time, that's why I went for the 64gb model
    07-06-2015 05:15 PM
    This is what I posted on another thread:
    http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6/307...ml#post2389923

If you only have few songs and do not download a lot of games or apps 16GB should work good for you.

The problem with iPhone is that over time you start using the phone more and so more apps and more pictures and now you are at the point that you run out of space on the phone. So if you think you will be able to manage the space wisely, download pictures and videos promptly, delete apps that you don't use frequently you should be good.

If you are looking for a recommendation and can afford the extra $100 I would recommend to get the 64GB at least. This way you don't have to worry about space at all.

Trust me when I say that you will probably be using your iPhone more than your Android device. The quality of apps and quantity of apps is just insane.

Hopefully, everything works out for you whatever size phone you get...
    07-07-2015 09:03 AM
    This is what I posted on another thread:
    http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6/307...ml#post2389923

If you only have few songs and do not download a lot of games or apps 16GB should work good for you.

The problem with iPhone is that over time you start using the phone more and so more apps and more pictures and now you are at the point that you run out of space on the phone. So if you think you will be able to manage the space wisely, download pictures and videos promptly, delete apps that you don't use frequently you should be good.

If you are looking for a recommendation and can afford the extra $100 I would recommend to get the 64GB at least. This way you don't have to worry about space at all.

Trust me when I say that you will probably be using your iPhone more than your Android device. The quality of apps and quantity of apps is just insane.

Hopefully, everything works out for you whatever size phone you get...
    The only reason to buy the 16GB version is if that is the only one you can afford. You think you might not need more bit without expandable storage your stuck with 12-13gb or whatever is actually free. 16 gb was OK like 4-5 years ago when os's didn't take so much space like they do now. IOS takes like 10 on my 128GB while it took like 1-2 on the iPhone 4.

07-07-2015 09:19 AM
93 1234