Loose screen on iPhone 6 64GB

Telespielstube

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

sorry if this post has been already dealt with numerous time, but I could not find a post with the keywords. A few weeks ago I noticed a clicking sound in the top right side I immediately called the Apple support and the person told me I getting a replacement within 2 days. Five replacements later the clicking still remains. I'm somehow fed up with backing up, restoring and sending the old phone back, therefore I made an appointment at the Genius Bar (my very fist appointment with an Apple Genius). Now to my question to the experienced Genius Bar visitor.

What are my options?

Supposed, their replacement isn't flawless, as well, is there a chance that I can get a different model because it seems to me that most of the 64GB series is flawed. For example a 128GB iPhone 6 or a 6 Plus (I'm willed to pay the extra 100 ?) , or is there only the refund option, which would be the worst.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I would be courteous and polite, but I would not leave the store until they make it right--some reasonable option at the very least.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
You might find that the replacement you get via the Apple Store Genius Bar works without any issue. What probably happened is that the batch of phones that you were getting via the online / telephone support was "bad", and that the retail store's stock is from a different batch of phones.

I have a Space Gray iPhone6 64GB and I do not have any issues with the display clicking on me.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
You might find that the replacement you get via the Apple Store Genius Bar works without any issue. What probably happened is that the batch of phones that you were getting via the online / telephone support was "bad", and that the retail store's stock is from a different batch of phones.

I have a Space Gray iPhone6 64GB and I do not have any issues with the display clicking on me.

Thanks for confirming. My wife has a gold 64 GB iPhone 6 and has no screen issue, either.

Will6371

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I have had a problem with my second iPhone 6 (128gb) and I had it replaced with a new one and this one clicks every now and then but the home button has a really nice clicking action so I'm not going to change it again. You don't get a new phone in the Apple Store, they are refurbished phones. I got my replacement phone from the carphone warehouse store where I bought the phone and it was a brand new sealed phone.

If I held the bottom left side of the one with the problem and then pressed the right side I could see it move it was so bad.

Edit, my iPhone is silver by the way I case that matters.

Last edited:

pearlyrob

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
My6plus has that issue on the top left. Apple asked me to send my phone in and they sent me a new one. This one is fine. I hope your problem is solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

sorry if this post has been already dealt with numerous time, but I could not find a post with the keywords. A few weeks ago I noticed a clicking sound in the top right side I immediately called the Apple support and the person told me I getting a replacement within 2 days. Five replacements later the clicking still remains. I'm somehow fed up with backing up, restoring and sending the old phone back, therefore I made an appointment at the Genius Bar (my very fist appointment with an Apple Genius). Now to my question to the experienced Genius Bar visitor.

What are my options?

Supposed, their replacement isn't flawless, as well, is there a chance that I can get a different model because it seems to me that most of the 64GB series is flawed. For example a 128GB iPhone 6 or a 6 Plus (I'm willed to pay the extra 100 ?) , or is there only the refund option, which would be the worst.

Genius Bar can't give you a different color or size even if you offer to pay a difference. That have give you what you came in with.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I had my 64gb space grey 6 replaced in store 6 weeks ago for the exact same issue. Last week it started again so I went back. Like you, I find it a pain sometimes to get a replacement, mostly due to losing the ?15 glass screen protector every time! Luckily, the guy I saw this time said it's a common issue and just needed tightening. He did it there and is been great since. I'd go that route of I were you

Will6371

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I had my 64gb space grey 6 replaced in store 6 weeks ago for the exact same issue. Last week it started again so I went back. Like you, I find it a pain sometimes to get a replacement, mostly due to losing the ?15 glass screen protector every time! Luckily, the guy I saw this time said it's a common issue and just needed tightening. He did it there and is been great since. I'd go that route of I were you

What did he tighten, was it the screws at the bottom?

Telespielstube

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I had my Genius bar appointment last Tuesday. I want to let you know what happened. I showed my iPhone 5 to the genius and he told me the exact same thing like all of you. It is a common issue he only needs to tighten the right screw, he went off for 5 min. came back with the phone I pressed on the bottom right and guess what... the clicking was more annoying than before. Then he said that almost al iPhone 6 have this issue and for 10%, the tightening does not work, but he could replace the screen or the phone again. I told them that the phone is only 2 days old and I do not want a repair or replacement because he just said that almost all have the same issue and if that are my only options I want my money back.
In this very moment, the manager of the store asked the genius of something else. The genius then told the manager about my odyssey and unbelivably the manager said that in this special case they grant me an upgrade to an iPhone 6 Plus, but it takes up to 20 days. I meant no problem I'll wait if it only does not click. Today I have got a call from the store my phone is ready for pick up.
Still in the store, the first thing I checked where the corners of the screen. No clicking, man was I relieved. Now I'm just restoring from my backup.

chels353

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
i have the gold 64gb iPhone 6 and I have a problem with the right bottom of the screen as well! Do I call my phone company to get a new one? It is bothering me it just keeps clicking!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
i have the gold 64gb iPhone 6 and I have a problem with the right bottom of the screen as well! Do I call my phone company to get a new one? It is bothering me it just keeps clicking!

Take it to the Apple Store or use Apple's online support to help you get your problem sorted out :)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I too have the issue with the display clicking. While I know it shouldn't be, it doesn't do it as much in the Apple case and it's not worth the hassle of driving 45 mins to an hour to the only Apple Store in the Charleston area. Maybe I'll make an appointment for one day when I'm going to be down there anyway.

emilynash1010

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

What are my options?

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Were you taking these phones in/out of cases? Just wondering if stressing the body of the phone could be causing this?

Glad my phone is in a case that is a PITA to remove, otherwise I'd have it out, obsessing over this issue as we speak. I hate being CDO :)

Bebhin Mathew

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I've had the exact same issue from the very first day, when i took it to apple care a few days later, the guy took my phone for 5 minutes and came back saying that the screws were loose and he had tightened it now and the clicking had stopped then, but now its been almost 6 months and i can experience more clicking than ever before, not sure if I should go for a replacement

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods