Can an iPhone 6 be set up to upload photos to the Microsoft Sky Drive aka OneDrive?

shockjay

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Can an iPhone 6 be set up to upload photos to the Microsoft Sky Drive aka OneDrive? I will me moving over from the Nokia Lumia 928 (Verizon) in less than a week and wanted to know if I need to switch to an Apple-based upload site.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes. In the OneDrive app, there is a setting called "Camera Backup". When enabled, it will automatically upload photos to your OneDrive account.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the OneDrive app has an automatic photo backup option.

That being said, one quirk I've noticed with the app is that if you save pictures from messages or a shared photo stream that inserts the saved photos before whatever your latest camera photo roll is (date-wise), OneDrive will not recognize the new photos added and won't automatically upload them. You can still easily upload the photos through the OneDrive app, but you have to do it yourself vs. automatically. It seems that OneDrive just looks for photos newer than what it tags as your previous newest photo before it uploads it.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Yes, the OneDrive app has an automatic photo backup option.

That being said, one quirk I've noticed with the app is that if you save pictures from messages or a shared photo stream that inserts the saved photos before whatever your latest camera photo roll is (date-wise), OneDrive will not recognize the new photos added and won't automatically upload them. You can still easily upload the photos through the OneDrive app, but you have to do it yourself vs. automatically. It seems that OneDrive just looks for photos newer than what it tags as your previous newest photo before it uploads it.

I do not see this behavior.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I do not see this behavior.

I have seen and can easily replicate it.

Try this, take a photo someone texted you that's older than the latest photo in your camera roll, and save the texted pic to your camera roll. The saved image cannot be your most recent one in your camera roll. Then open OneDrive and see if it automatically uploads it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro