Am I the only one who can't hold iPhone 6?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 6 is thin and it is slippery. I got a case and no problems.
Phones are big now.
Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I never used my 6 one-handed when I had it. My hands are on the smaller side, but I always made sure to have a case on my device so if I did drop it, my phone was protected.

Now I have the 6 plus and I never even attempt to use this one handed other than if I am scrolling through a news article or something. The 5s is now way too small for my taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ela1n3ko

May 5, 2015
Visit site
The phone is definitely big so I cannot text with just one hand. Obviously it is best for you to use both hands when texting so that you do not risk dropping your phone. Get a case too!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
And to answer your question about why dropping issue is connected with ios versions. For example, if I want to go back with one hand, I have to stretch to touch the back button or swipe from the left end to right. It?s OK with 5s but not with 6 or plus. I have to adjust my grip to do those actions, which increase the dropping probability. With two hands everything is fine but we can?t avoid one hand using situations.
So if iOS makes some changes for these situations such as: an intensive swipe of short distance in the middle of the screen and you can go back. Much more convenient and safer, right? But before that happens, I think I will use Halo Back which I mentioned above.
What do you think? Hope it makes sense.:)

Unless you have tiny hands, reaching across the screen shouldn't be a problem as it sits right now...and they added the reachability feature for those who want to continue their one handed use in terms of reaching the top of the screen.

The rest of the stuff you listed up there is just gimmicky junk in my opinion outside of the first one about the case (which is something most people have anyways).

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I use my 6Plus without a case. I just have a screen protector on he back which provides just enough grip to be tacky to my fingers. I've adapted to using it one handed a lot of the time and is say I have average sized female hands. Sometime if I want a bit more protection I use the Apple leather case.

You and me both, sista friend.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
It's not just you. this phone is more slippery than previous iPhones. I know some people say they can grip it just fine without a case, and that's great. However it was too slippery for me to feel comfortable not having a case for it. I went with an Apple silicone case, which is quite thin and adds a lot of grip to it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2