can you insert a memory card into an iphone 6 phone?
    05-07-2015 07:42 AM
  2. Terb said: Best Answer

No you can't.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    No you can't.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    05-07-2015 07:45 AM
    Phones still have memory card slots?
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    05-07-2015 08:16 AM
    Phones still have memory card slots?
    Samsung Galaxy series did until the recently released S6 and Edge.
    05-07-2015 08:21 AM
    Let me gaze into my crystal ball. . . . I see phones with no memory card slots. I see laptops without ports. I believe I see a pattern for the future?
    05-07-2015 08:24 AM
    05-07-2015 11:27 AM
    I remember a year or two ago when someone was clamoring on about how they "guaranteed" the iPhone would eventually have expandable memory like this...and now the competition got rid of it. Go figure...
    Bigeric23 likes this.
    05-07-2015 03:31 PM
    Got a 128G iphone so that i wouldn't have to deal with memory cards. Increased my iCloud storage so that I could keep my movies in the cloud.
    I'm still at 66G free on my phone.
    By the time I reach 100G used on my phone there will be 256G memory available on my iPhone.
    Nope.....don't need no memory cards no how no way....
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    05-08-2015 11:43 AM
    You could if you bought a blackberry. They'd even throw in that hot mess of a notification center (bb hub) and a blinky LED.
    mikeo007, hydrogen3 and qbnkelt like this.
    05-08-2015 12:34 PM
    Expandable memory would be nice though, if for no other reason than the cost savings. Apple charges a premium for their GBs
    05-08-2015 01:05 PM
    Expandable memory would be nice though, if for no other reason than the cost savings. Apple charges a premium for their GBs
    You are welcome to your opinion. I disagree.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    05-08-2015 01:09 PM
    I wouldn't want to be managing what to put on external card. But on devices with 16 that's exactly what I end up doing. I won't defend Apple for such a big price difference in storage. It is easier to not manage the device storage by not having expandable media however they should either drop the price for more storage or allow it. They have done a great job with 6+ to get by without needing a replaceable battery. They have not made it as friendly to get more storage. For some it's a big stretch to get an iPhone to begin with. The larger storage is just too far out of reach. They are better off IMO by increasing usefulness to all rather then expand margins.

There is no real premium in the larger storage. It's not like a macbook pro vs cheaper model. Flash storage is cheap. So the increase is to expand margins only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-08-2015 01:19 PM
    I wouldn't want to be managing what to put on external card. But on devices with 16 that's exactly what I end up doing. I won't defend Apple for such a big price difference in storage. It is easier to not manage the device storage by not having expandable media however they should either drop the price for more storage or allow it. They have done a great job with 6+ to get by without needing a replaceable battery. They have not made it as friendly to get more storage. For some it's a big stretch to get an iPhone to begin with. The larger storage is just too far out of reach. They are better off IMO by increasing usefulness to all rather then expand margins.

There is no real premium in the larger storage. It's not like a macbook pro vs cheaper model. Flash storage is cheap. So the increase is to expand margins only.

I agree.At $100 for each step up in memory that is a big cost. And that is essentially at most 64gb. A 128gb Class 10 SD Card is far less than that.
    05-08-2015 01:27 PM
    Perhaps it's like the bl-inky LED. We don't want/need it.
    05-08-2015 02:08 PM
    Perhaps it's like the bl-inky LED. We don't want/need it.
    You are exaggerating 'we'.

05-08-2015 02:19 PM
    You are exaggerating 'we'.

Nope.

qbnkelt likes this.
    05-08-2015 02:20 PM
    Nope.

Yup.

Nope.
    05-08-2015 02:34 PM
    You could if you bought a blackberry. They'd even throw in that hot mess of a notification center (bb hub) and a blinky LED.
    nah.....I like my iPhone as an iPhone, thanks much, my love....
    05-08-2015 02:36 PM
    I don't know how many posts I've read over the years of SD cards wreaking havoc with other devices. Everything from slowing them down to corrupting and then making the card unreadable.

I would rather have Apple's solution. Have never had an issue with memory or backups.
    05-08-2015 02:39 PM
    I don't know how many posts I've read over the years of SD cards wreaking havoc with other devices. Everything from slowing them down to corrupting and then making the card unreadable.

I would rather have Apple's solution. Have never had an issue with memory or backups.
    That's fair enough. I have never had any issues such as that despite having used them for years. I would ask though, don't you feel at all that Apple charges a bit more than is necessary? In fairness, the memory itself doesn't cost anywhere near what they are charging.
    05-08-2015 02:48 PM
    Yup.

Nope.
    Also, don't you feel that notifications on the iPhone could use improvement(s)?
    05-08-2015 02:51 PM
    I agree.

I'm old school, in that I prefer the option of having self-expandable memory. Still, I'm not so infatuated with the option that it would prevent me from using the right device as a daily driver.
    05-08-2015 02:54 PM

Sort of agree. Like expecting apps to be load able on card always was terrible. But that was a BB.

It is quite conceivable that you could have media like photos, video and music on a card without any issue.

It just happens that it goes against Apple wanting to have superficial product bumps based on something that is very cheap, certainly not worth $100.

That's another reason they push the cloud. It has the added bonus of locking you in. These are not customer friendly motives for many that can't afford it big cloud storage and 100 flash upgrades.

05-08-2015 02:56 PM
    That's fair enough. I have never had any issues such as that despite having used them for years. I would ask though, don't you feel at all that Apple charges a bit more than is necessary? In fairness, the memory itself doesn't cost anywhere near what they are charging.
    IMHO, of course Apple does LOL. But to be fair, Apple charges what the market will bear, which is what every corporation intends to do.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    05-08-2015 02:57 PM
    IMHO, of course Apple does LOL. But to be fair, Apple charges what the market will bear, which is what every corporation intends to do.
    There are other business friendly goals Apple could prioritize. Such as more customers. As a developer I would prefer more users.

05-08-2015 03:08 PM
104 123 ...