Can you insert a memory card into an iPhone 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iMore Question

can you insert a memory card into an iphone 6?

can you insert a memory card into an iphone 6 phone?

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: can you insert a memory card into an iphone 6?

No you can't.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Let me gaze into my crystal ball. . . . I see phones with no memory card slots. I see laptops without ports. I believe I see a pattern for the future?

FlyHigh365

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

xNwUUw.gif

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I remember a year or two ago when someone was clamoring on about how they "guaranteed" the iPhone would eventually have expandable memory like this...and now the competition got rid of it. Go figure...

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Got a 128G iphone so that i wouldn't have to deal with memory cards. Increased my iCloud storage so that I could keep my movies in the cloud.
I'm still at 66G free on my phone.
By the time I reach 100G used on my phone there will be 256G memory available on my iPhone.
Nope.....don't need no memory cards no how no way....

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

You could if you bought a blackberry. They'd even throw in that hot mess of a notification center (bb hub) and a blinky LED.

boltz82

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

Expandable memory would be nice though, if for no other reason than the cost savings. Apple charges a premium for their GBs

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't want to be managing what to put on external card. But on devices with 16 that's exactly what I end up doing. I won't defend Apple for such a big price difference in storage. It is easier to not manage the device storage by not having expandable media however they should either drop the price for more storage or allow it. They have done a great job with 6+ to get by without needing a replaceable battery. They have not made it as friendly to get more storage. For some it's a big stretch to get an iPhone to begin with. The larger storage is just too far out of reach. They are better off IMO by increasing usefulness to all rather then expand margins.

There is no real premium in the larger storage. It's not like a macbook pro vs cheaper model. Flash storage is cheap. So the increase is to expand margins only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boltz82

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't want to be managing what to put on external card. But on devices with 16 that's exactly what I end up doing. I won't defend Apple for such a big price difference in storage. It is easier to not manage the device storage by not having expandable media however they should either drop the price for more storage or allow it. They have done a great job with 6+ to get by without needing a replaceable battery. They have not made it as friendly to get more storage. For some it's a big stretch to get an iPhone to begin with. The larger storage is just too far out of reach. They are better off IMO by increasing usefulness to all rather then expand margins.

There is no real premium in the larger storage. It's not like a macbook pro vs cheaper model. Flash storage is cheap. So the increase is to expand margins only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree.At $100 for each step up in memory that is a big cost. And that is essentially at most 64gb. A 128gb Class 10 SD Card is far less than that.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

You could if you bought a blackberry. They'd even throw in that hot mess of a notification center (bb hub) and a blinky LED.

nah.....I like my iPhone as an iPhone, thanks much, my love....

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Expandable memory would be nice though, if for no other reason than the cost savings. Apple charges a premium for their GBs

I don't know how many posts I've read over the years of SD cards wreaking havoc with other devices. Everything from slowing them down to corrupting and then making the card unreadable.

I would rather have Apple's solution. Have never had an issue with memory or backups.

boltz82

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

I don't know how many posts I've read over the years of SD cards wreaking havoc with other devices. Everything from slowing them down to corrupting and then making the card unreadable.

I would rather have Apple's solution. Have never had an issue with memory or backups.

That's fair enough. I have never had any issues such as that despite having used them for years. I would ask though, don't you feel at all that Apple charges a bit more than is necessary? In fairness, the memory itself doesn't cost anywhere near what they are charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh