According to The Verge:
    The best keyboard for the iPhone | The Verge

Personally the addition of 3rd party keyboards was the last little push that got me to come over to iOS and swiftkey is without a doubt my favorite. I have been using it since shortly after it was released and after giving others a shot always came back.

There have been many keyboard posts in the forums and it seems the community is pretty split, many are used to the stock keyboard and stick with it others like the new options or a used to them from other devices.

I find it interesting that the verge chose swiftkey over stock especially when talking about stock (in the runner up section) they say that stock is the most "reliable" which seems like for many users would be most important. Swiftkey has a lot of bells and whistles that I personally find very useful like how it learns from gmail, facebook, evernote etc. my words and phrases and syncs across devices, but it seems for an iOS device "bells and whistles" kinda get put on the back burner for reliability, so their choice seems a bit contradictory based on how they usually conduct themselves over there.

Your thoughts?

Also for Android Keyboards, Google Keyboard won 'Best' and Swiftkey was runner-up.
    05-04-2015 04:29 PM
    It is IMO! It's smarter, has more functionally, a dark theme option and other neat stuff. It's improved a lot since iOS 8 started. You can choose predictive or Swype styles.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    Illustrator Joe likes this.
    05-04-2015 04:34 PM
    It is IMO! It's smarter, has more functionally, a dark theme option and other neat stuff. It's improved a lot since iOS 8 started. You can choose predictive or Swype styles.

For my uses I agree. Swiftkey is "better" than stock. I have never liked stock personally but maybe being used to Swiftkey has jaded me to the more simple approach. What I think would actually make it a 'no-contest scenario' is if Swiftkey had a bit less hiccups and had the full functionally of it's android counterpart (emoji prediction is sorely missed).
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    05-04-2015 04:39 PM
    For me stock is better. I like having everything the same. I dislike having different keyboards open for different things I open. If I open iMessages then swift will be up,if I've last used it. If I open something with a password then stock opens up. Just me but I like things to be the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Les74 likes this.
    05-04-2015 05:07 PM
    Well in my personal opinion SwiftKey is the best keyboard out there.
    05-04-2015 06:04 PM
    SwiftKey is cool. I would like the keys a little bigger. I always find myself going back to the stock keyboard after a few days.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    05-04-2015 06:47 PM
    There is a problem with all 3rd party keyboards on iOS. The messages app will freeze up at times and the keyboard will vanish. Then you have to swipe it out of the multitasking tray. But that's not the fault of SwiftKey. I think it's an issue Apple needs to fix. But it's not near as bad now.
    My keyboards:
    Swiftkey is better than the stock Apple Keyboard?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1430791272.443728.jpg

Illustrator Joe likes this.
    05-04-2015 10:01 PM
    I like simple and free, so I just use the stock keyboard.
    05-04-2015 10:17 PM
    I try and try to get on swiftkey but I can't. It's still damn buggy. If I open a message it doesn't auto scroll to the last message so I have to swipe down first to see what they have said. Stock works flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk for 
    05-05-2015 04:11 AM
    I like simple and free, so I just use the stock keyboard.
    SwiftKey is free
    05-05-2015 07:52 AM
    I try and try to get on swiftkey but I can't. It's still damn buggy. If I open a message it doesn't auto scroll to the last message so I have to swipe down first to see what they have said. Stock works flawlessly.

Many of the bugs that plague 3rd party keyboards are not the developers fault they are issues with the implementation of 3rd party keyboards in general that Apple needs to sort out.
    05-05-2015 07:54 AM
    SwiftKey is free
    Yep, but it's very unstable. I don't need any extra stress in my life.
    05-05-2015 07:59 AM
    Many of the bugs that plague 3rd party keyboards are not the developers fault they are issues with the implementation of 3rd party keyboards in general that Apple needs to sort out.
    Which they still didn't. Hence buggy.

05-05-2015 08:15 AM
    I don't notice any bugginess with SwiftKey, other than the issues on the messages app which has improved greatly since 8.0. If I have to swipe the messages app out of the multitasking tray a couple times a day, it's still worth using SwiftKey. For me anyway. I can't take the constant email addresses popping up when I don't want them in the stock keyboard. I've tried everything to make it stop. Even reset the keyboard dictionary. And the predictive words on the stock keyboard are hard for me to see. I don't like low contrast. For me, the benefits of SwiftKey outweigh any issues 3rd party keyboards may have.

05-05-2015 09:43 AM
    I don't notice any bugginess with SwiftKey, other than the issues on the messages app which has improved greatly since 8.0. If I have to swipe the messages app out of the multitasking tray a couple times a day, it's still worth using SwiftKey. For me anyway. I can't take the constant email addresses popping up when I don't want them in the stock keyboard. I've tried everything to make it stop. Even reset the keyboard dictionary. And the predictive words on the stock keyboard are hard for me to see. I don't like low contrast. For me, the benefits of SwiftKey outweigh any issues 3rd party keyboards may have.

Exactly this.
    05-05-2015 03:12 PM
    The 8.3 iOS update fixed a few 3rd party keyboard problems from Apple, wait for the next Swiftkey update it will be worth it.
    05-05-2015 09:33 PM
    The 8.3 iOS update fixed a few 3rd party keyboard problems from Apple, wait for the next Swiftkey update it will be worth it.
    I agree. With each update to SwiftKey and each update to ios the experience has been getting more reliable.
    05-05-2015 09:37 PM
    Well in my personal opinion SwiftKey is the best keyboard out there.
    I think that too. SwiftKey is best so far.
    05-05-2015 09:43 PM
    I've tried every keyboard out there but keep going back to the stock keyboard. I guess I'm old school like that but I'm glad Apple finally came out with third party keyboard support so I could at least try it.

Sent from my gold iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    05-05-2015 11:34 PM
    There's even a SwiftKey forum. And for those disappointed that SwiftKey did not include the ethnic emoji, it's coming. Was not their fault.
    https://support.swiftkey.com/hc/en-u...cles/202776602

05-05-2015 11:54 PM
    I have no use for it personally...the stock keyboard is just fine for me.
    05-06-2015 12:37 AM
    SwiftKey is FREE, but it's need "Allow Full Access" in iOS.
    They can trace your info like email, location, address....
    05-06-2015 12:39 AM
    SwiftKey is FREE, but it's need "Allow Full Access" in iOS.
    They can trace your info like email, location, address....
    That's not an issue. They can't function without full access. I have no problem trusting these 3rd party keyboard developers. It does revert to the stock keyboard for passwords. So then you have to trust someone at Apple. LOL! I have given more than 60 apps access to my photos. 6 apps have access to my contacts. 7 have access to my microphone. I don't worry about them and I don't worry about SwiftKey or any other keyboard I use. I use 3.

05-06-2015 07:16 AM
    There's even a SwiftKey forum. And for those disappointed that SwiftKey did not include the ethnic emoji, it's coming. Was not their fault.
    https://support.swiftkey.com/hc/en-u...cles/202776602

I am not concerned about the ethnic emoji. But what I miss from Android is the awesome emoji prediction. So essentially you could start typing the word "banana" for example and it would drop the banana emoji in one of the 3 prediction buttons. So you really never had to open the emoji tray, it was awesome.
    iamchanel likes this.
    05-06-2015 07:57 AM
    According to The Verge:
    The best keyboard for the iPhone | The Verge

Your thoughts?
    My thoughts? It's a matter of personal preference. The inconsistencies between when a 3rd party keyboard is and is not allowed makes the whole 3rd party keyboard a non-starter for me. I am used to the stock keyboard, it works for me, so that is my preference.

Because it is a personal use issue, your opinion may be different. Not correct. Not incorrect. Just your choice.
    05-06-2015 10:13 AM
55 123