Crescent issue with front facing camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Brady

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know or have informations about the crecent issue on the front facing camera ? Have you noticed this on your phone and is it causing any issues ?

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I've been to an Apple Store twice to have it repaired and am going back again this weekend because the problem keeps reappearing. The first time they replaced the entire front display. That lasted maybe a month. Then the problem occurred again and they gave me the option of replacing the phone or realigning the front facing camera. I chose the realign and now the problem has occurred again. I have a genius appointment again for this Saturday and plan on choosing the replacement option. Very frustrating. I have never had such problems with Apple products and I own/have owned many Apple products. It's just frustrating to notice the issue every time I look at my phone. I refuse to ignore the problem especially since the device is still under warranty.

Sorry for the vent. It's just a 40 minute drive (one way) to the Apple Store and time out of my schedule.

Last edited:

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't get a picture to turn out but it looks like the pics you can find doing a google image search for "iPhone 6 crescent moon" like the one attached.ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1429232587.866573.jpg

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I've found the same on my device....I haven't found it to affect the functionality in any way. I feel like if I were to have it swapped or replaced, I would just be nitpicking. Though it is a $950 device...

Will Brady

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Went to two Apple stores most of the space grey models had the crescent on them, none of the silver or gold ones did not have it , is it just the space grey ones that have the issue

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Went to two Apple stores most of the space grey models had the crescent on them, none of the silver or gold ones did not have it , is it just the space grey ones that have the issue

I've only heard its limited to "iPhone 6" models of any model/color. From what I've read anyway.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I've just noticed this on mine after seeing this thread. I've got a 64GB Space Grey iPhone 6. It doesn't affect my photos in any way so I won't bother going to Apple etc. I did a quick search to compare to others and even the photo used on the imore iPhone 6 article has the same as mine and that was just a photo they used to introduce the iPhone 6 and its features so I presume most have it in some form or another. Here's the photo I found in the imore iPhone 6 launch which has the same as mine so I'm not that worried etc.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1429406871.233371.jpg

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks exactly how many new looks lol so I am not worried at all

Yeah me neither. Unless it's affecting the actual images on the front facing camera there's no point in replacing it. Chances are most others have it in some form or another or will just happen again on a new iPhone.

Will Brady

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Agreed I was paranoid I went into 2 different Apple Stores and most of the displays had it on them and 3 workers I spoke with had it on their phone

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Agreed I was paranoid I went into 2 different Apple Stores and most of the displays had it on them and 3 workers I spoke with had it on their phone

Haha! So grateful of you posting this as it puts my mind at rest and saves me a lot of messing around!

Cheers!

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I had my 6 replaced last week with this very issue. It didn't affect anything but I just figured that I'd see what they'd do as it was under warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR