I initially followed the directions to download the IOS 8.2 ipsw software and just install that through update, when complete the device needed to be restored (luckily I backed up), after restoring to IOS 8.2 ipsw software everything worked fine but my recent call log does not work any more. It shows a -1 and shows no call activity. Also when I get a missed call, it does not show up on my lock screen..
    I have tried restoring using the 8.2 software twice now, and the issue is still there. Is there any fix or do I need to update to 8.3 or do I need to restore my device again?
    HELP!!
    04-12-2015 11:42 PM
    First may I ask why we're downgrading back to 8.2?

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    04-12-2015 11:58 PM
    I initially followed the directions to download the IOS 8.2 ipsw software and just install that through update, when complete the device needed to be restored (luckily I backed up), after restoring to IOS 8.2 ipsw software everything worked fine but my recent call log does not work any more. It shows a -1 and shows no call activity. Also when I get a missed call, it does not show up on my lock screen..
    I have tried restoring using the 8.2 software twice now, and the issue is still there. Is there any fix or do I need to update to 8.3 or do I need to restore my device again?
    HELP!!
    Sounds to me like you had a corrupted backup that you are attempting to apply to 8.2, so unfortunately, you'll either have to do a fresh setup on 8.2 or go ahead and upgrade to 8.3.

Are you attempting to keep something related to the 8.2 firmware for some reason?
    04-13-2015 12:07 AM
    The main reason was I like the functionality of 8.2 and the new emjoi keyboard I am not fond of. I wanted to downgrade to 8.2 but everytime I restore this same issue persists.

There are no other options to get this working?
    04-13-2015 01:00 AM
    The main reason was I like the functionality of 8.2 and the new emjoi keyboard I am not fond of. I wanted to downgrade to 8.2 but everytime I restore this same issue persists.

There are no other options to get this working?
    The functionality? That makes no sense at all.

I understand the emoji keyboard, it has taken me a little bit of time to get used to.

The problem seems to be in your backup, not the firmware. Unfortunately, to use 8.2, you'd probably have to just start over fresh and load your apps in from iTunes...but I can't see the logic in this over something as trivial as the emoji keyboard frustration, especially with all the things 8.3 DID fix (which was a lot).
    04-13-2015 01:12 PM