Why does it suck so bad? Is it just a 6 plus thing?
    04-12-2015 10:17 PM
    I have a iPhone 6 Plus, but I don't have any scrolling issue in Safari.

What in particular is your issue?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-12-2015 10:24 PM
    It's like I'm scrolling through quicksand. A flick basically just brings it up or down an inch. Meanwhile, Chrome scrolling just flies.
    04-12-2015 10:26 PM
    Nope. It's definitely not "just a 6 plus thing" because, like Bigeric23, I'm not having any scrolling issues with Safari...
    04-12-2015 10:27 PM
    It's like I'm scrolling through quicksand. A flick basically just brings it up or down an inch. Meanwhile, Chrome scrolling just flies.
    Well, hopefully, it'll get better for you.
    04-12-2015 10:28 PM
    Well, hopefully, it'll get better for you.
    Yeah. No idea what the issue is. I don't have any other apple products so using Chrome is no big deal I guess.
    04-12-2015 10:30 PM
    I just tested Safari scrolling on my iPhone 6 plus and an iPhone 6. Again, I don't notice any issues.
    04-12-2015 10:32 PM
    Yeah. No idea what the issue is. I don't have any other apple products so using Chrome is no big deal I guess.
    Considering this is not a common characteristic of Safari on the 6 Plus (or any iPhone for that matter), you should probably find out if this is something that can be fixed by a simple hard restart, a restore or something that would require a replacement/repair from Apple. Ignoring the issue is just going to leave you with a phone that isn't working properly, and may lead to issues down the road that could remain or worsen even after your warranty is expired, leaving you to foot any repair bills (for something you could have done for free right now).

Just a thought.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-12-2015 10:35 PM
    Considering this is not a common characteristic of Safari on the 6 Plus (or any iPhone for that matter), you should probably find out if this is something that can be fixed by a simple hard restart, a restore or something that would require a replacement/repair from Apple. Ignoring the issue is just going to leave you with a phone that isn't working properly, and may lead to issues down the road that could remain or worsen even after your warranty is expired, leaving you to foot any repair bills (for something you could have done for free right now).

Just a thought.
    Better half just walked in with her 6 and its the same speed. I always thought it was faster. Nothing to see here.
    04-12-2015 10:43 PM
    Better half just walked in with her 6 and its the same speed. I always thought it was faster. Nothing to see here.
    I don't know what you're seeing, but I have ZERO lag or stuttering in Safari while scrolling. It's smooth and fast as it always has been.
    04-12-2015 10:53 PM
    I don't know what you're seeing, but I have ZERO lag or stuttering in Safari while scrolling. It's smooth and fast as it always has been.
    Perhaps it's because we both updated ota? Both phones scrolling the same though.
    04-13-2015 05:43 AM
    Perhaps it's because we both updated ota? Both phones scrolling the same though.
    I've updated OTA and I agree with Sean that my Safari scrolls as smoothly as it always has. Is your problem with all websites or is their certain ones that cause the issue? If just certain sites, perhaps post a link to them so we can try them out.
    04-13-2015 06:31 AM
    I've updated OTA and I agree with Sean that my Safari scrolls as smoothly as it always has. Is your problem with all websites or is their certain ones that cause the issue? If just certain sites, perhaps post a link to them so we can try them out.
    All of them. I may just be used to chrome since I just started using Safari again. With my chrome I flick it and it keeps scrolling whereas with safari it scrolls very little and stops. Perhaps that's normal. Still fluid but not continuous.
    04-13-2015 06:58 AM
    No scroll issues on my iPhone 5. I open a tab and it scrolls to the end, if there is an end. I'm not real sure, exactly, what the OP is experiencing. But Safari on my 5 works fine.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-13-2015 10:05 AM
    Why does it suck so bad? Is it just a 6 plus thing?
    No issues with Safari on my iPhone 6 Plus. Which device do you have? You asked about the 6 Plus, but posted in the iPhone 6 section.
    04-13-2015 10:38 AM
    No issues with Safari on my iPhone 6 Plus. Which device do you have? You asked about the 6 Plus, but posted in the iPhone 6 section.
    I have the 6 plus, but my better half has the 6 and it's the same experience.
    04-13-2015 11:34 AM
    All of them. I may just be used to chrome since I just started using Safari again. With my chrome I flick it and it keeps scrolling whereas with safari it scrolls very little and stops. Perhaps that's normal. Still fluid but not continuous.
    NOW the truth comes out...lol. So essentially you're complaining because Safari doesn't continuously scroll down to the bottom of the page when you flick the web page. Mine doesn't either, but this is by far not a problem in my opinion, it's just the character of the browser. Your initial comment made it seem like you were having a "problem" with the browser, like it was scrolling slowly or something...but the reality is, you're just complaining because you want to be able to flick the screen and have it scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen for some reason. This isn't a problem, it's just some weird random preference you have...lol.

If Chrome works for you better, then use Chrome...and flick your web pages all day.
    mumfoau likes this.
    04-13-2015 12:40 PM
    NOW the truth comes out...lol. So essentially you're complaining because Safari doesn't continuously scroll down to the bottom of the page when you flick the web page. Mine doesn't either, but this is by far not a problem in my opinion, it's just the character of the browser. Your initial comment made it seem like you were having a "problem" with the browser, like it was scrolling slowly or something...but the reality is, you're just complaining because you want to be able to flick the screen and have it scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen for some reason. This isn't a problem, it's just some weird random preference you have...lol.

If Chrome works for you better, then use Chrome...and flick your web pages all day.
    Safari and iOS in general use what Apple calls inertial scrolling (I think) or the rubber band effect. So like if I pushed a ball on a flat surface, it would start out rolling fast and gradually slow down and if it hit a wall (the end of the web page), it would bounce back a bit.
    04-13-2015 12:46 PM
    Safari and iOS in general use what Apple calls inertial scrolling (I think) or the rubber band effect. So like if I pushed a ball on a flat surface, it would start out rolling fast and gradually slow down and if it hit a wall (the end of the web page), it would bounce back a bit.
    Yup...apparently though, OP sees this as a "problem" that makes Safari "suck so bad!", lol.

Even Safari on my MBP, if I flick upwards on the track pad, scrolls quickly for a moment and then slows down and rests at a point on the page...it doesn't just scroll aimlessly downwards or upwards, lol. Honestly, if it did this, I would think it was a "problem".
    04-13-2015 12:47 PM
    Hey, hey, hey. Easy on me guys for I am but an Apple nub. No going back now. I even sold my lg G3 so the iPhone is all I have. Still amazed how much better Google apps run in iPhone than android. lol
    04-13-2015 01:18 PM
    Hey, hey, hey. Easy on me guys for I am but an Apple nub. No going back now. I even sold my lg G3 so the iPhone is all I have. Still amazed how much better Google apps run in iPhone than android. lol
    Your cool! You'll get used to the differences. Most that switch over complain about no back button. LOL

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-13-2015 05:57 PM
    Yea the browser works that way by the design. Try any other browser in the store and they usually flies downwards. One reason could be that with slow scrolling they minimize the possible white checkerboards. All tho this is likely more old hw problem as browsers with faster scrolling doesn't have those checkerboards.
    Hopefully Apple will change this in future.
    04-27-2015 07:19 AM
    I know exactly what you mean, no matter how fast I flick down the scroll speed is slow and not very responsive on my iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.3 compared to my iPad Air 2.

It's like it just moves a small amount no matter how fast you flick in small increments, it seems I have to do LONG swipes in order to get more portions of the page to scroll down or up.
    05-07-2015 05:11 PM
    I know exactly what you mean, no matter how fast I flick down the scroll speed is slow and not very responsive on my iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.3 compared to my iPad Air 2.

It's like it just moves a small amount no matter how fast you flick in small increments, it seems I have to do LONG swipes in order to get more portions of the page to scroll down or up.
    02-09-2016 09:17 PM
    I completely agree. I decided to switch to iPhone and this is one of the most frustrating things trying to adapt. The scrolling on android is just much better calibrated or something the physics is more responsive. It seems like iOS doesn't take into account velocity of flock scrolling only the length. I don't want to have to move my thumb 4 inches to scroll more than an inch at a time.
    02-09-2016 09:21 PM
30 12