Safari scrolling....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope. It's definitely not "just a 6 plus thing" because, like Bigeric23, I'm not having any scrolling issues with Safari...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. No idea what the issue is. I don't have any other apple products so using Chrome is no big deal I guess.

Considering this is not a common characteristic of Safari on the 6 Plus (or any iPhone for that matter), you should probably find out if this is something that can be fixed by a simple hard restart, a restore or something that would require a replacement/repair from Apple. Ignoring the issue is just going to leave you with a phone that isn't working properly, and may lead to issues down the road that could remain or worsen even after your warranty is expired, leaving you to foot any repair bills (for something you could have done for free right now).

Just a thought.

independentvolume

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Considering this is not a common characteristic of Safari on the 6 Plus (or any iPhone for that matter), you should probably find out if this is something that can be fixed by a simple hard restart, a restore or something that would require a replacement/repair from Apple. Ignoring the issue is just going to leave you with a phone that isn't working properly, and may lead to issues down the road that could remain or worsen even after your warranty is expired, leaving you to foot any repair bills (for something you could have done for free right now).

Just a thought.

Better half just walked in with her 6 and its the same speed. I always thought it was faster. Nothing to see here.

independentvolume

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I've updated OTA and I agree with Sean that my Safari scrolls as smoothly as it always has. Is your problem with all websites or is their certain ones that cause the issue? If just certain sites, perhaps post a link to them so we can try them out.

All of them. I may just be used to chrome since I just started using Safari again. With my chrome I flick it and it keeps scrolling whereas with safari it scrolls very little and stops. Perhaps that's normal. Still fluid but not continuous.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No scroll issues on my iPhone 5. I open a tab and it scrolls to the end, if there is an end. I'm not real sure, exactly, what the OP is experiencing. But Safari on my 5 works fine.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
All of them. I may just be used to chrome since I just started using Safari again. With my chrome I flick it and it keeps scrolling whereas with safari it scrolls very little and stops. Perhaps that's normal. Still fluid but not continuous.

NOW the truth comes out...lol. So essentially you're complaining because Safari doesn't continuously scroll down to the bottom of the page when you flick the web page. Mine doesn't either, but this is by far not a problem in my opinion, it's just the character of the browser. Your initial comment made it seem like you were having a "problem" with the browser, like it was scrolling slowly or something...but the reality is, you're just complaining because you want to be able to flick the screen and have it scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen for some reason. This isn't a problem, it's just some weird random preference you have...lol.

If Chrome works for you better, then use Chrome...and flick your web pages all day.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Safari and iOS in general use what Apple calls inertial scrolling (I think) or the rubber band effect. So like if I pushed a ball on a flat surface, it would start out rolling fast and gradually slow down and if it hit a wall (the end of the web page), it would bounce back a bit.

Yup...apparently though, OP sees this as a "problem" that makes Safari "suck so bad!", lol.

Even Safari on my MBP, if I flick upwards on the track pad, scrolls quickly for a moment and then slows down and rests at a point on the page...it doesn't just scroll aimlessly downwards or upwards, lol. Honestly, if it did this, I would think it was a "problem".

independentvolume

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey, hey, hey. Easy on me guys for I am but an Apple nub. No going back now. I even sold my lg G3 so the iPhone is all I have. Still amazed how much better Google apps run in iPhone than android. lol

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey, hey, hey. Easy on me guys for I am but an Apple nub. No going back now. I even sold my lg G3 so the iPhone is all I have. Still amazed how much better Google apps run in iPhone than android. lol

Your cool! You'll get used to the differences. Most that switch over complain about no back button. LOL

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Yea the browser works that way by the design. Try any other browser in the store and they usually flies downwards. One reason could be that with slow scrolling they minimize the possible white checkerboards. All tho this is likely more old hw problem as browsers with faster scrolling doesn't have those checkerboards.
Hopefully Apple will change this in future.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox