Apple Store. Make an appointment via the web or Apple Store app and they will help you with your issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MB64 likes this.
    04-13-2015 05:40 PM
    Seems to be working just fine today. Using today for navigation and radio.
    04-14-2015 07:29 AM
    This won't really help you but I've been nothing but impressed by it when I've used it. Really quick and solid and always remembers my connection. Connects within 1-2 seconds of turning hotspot on and never disconnected.

Are you having problems whilst in the same location? Perhaps there's some kind of interference with the wireless channel it's using that is conflicting with your own router or other devices.

Try it whilst connected to a friends router and see if it works better then your will know for sure.

Also are you using a dual band router a the time, 5Ghz Frequency network? - 5Ghz frequency routers have many more channels to use so isolate a lot of interference from other routers and electronic devices.

You can try it without being near a router just using mobile data on your iPhone then you eliminate the router. Go up the end of the garden and see how your iPad or laptop connects to your iPhone etc without your iphone being connected to your router.
    04-16-2015 07:59 PM
    For me the fix was to change hotspot name. The default name has problems.
    04-27-2015 07:13 AM
    I've noticed that if I have 2 bars on my phone ( or should I say 2 dots) of signal, and I'm trying to get my hotspot to work, the other phone won't pick it up.
    04-27-2015 08:43 AM
    For me the fix was to change hotspot name. The default name has problems.
    You mean password? The hotspot name is the name of your iPhone always.
    04-27-2015 06:33 PM
    I've noticed that if I have 2 bars on my phone ( or should I say 2 dots) of signal, and I'm trying to get my hotspot to work, the other phone won't pick it up.
    Yeah sometimes if your iPhone only has a couple of bars then data is slow anyways. The rule is if your iphone has data and can use the web then the hotspot device will be fine also.
    04-27-2015 06:34 PM
    You mean password? The hotspot name is the name of your iPhone always.
    No I mean the hotspot name which you can change. The default one won't work.
    04-28-2015 08:25 AM
    Sorry I'm confused....

You are using your iPhone as a personal hotspot aren't you?

How are you changing the name of the hotspot? There's no way of changing the iPhone's hotspot name as it uses the iPhone's Device Name... You have to change the iPhone's device name such as Darran's iPhone
    04-28-2015 03:31 PM
    I presume you are getting confused with the difference between hotspot name and hotspot wifi password!

The only way to change the hotspot name in iOS is to change the name of the iOS device as I mentioned, for example "Darran's iPhone".

I suspect you are referring to the Hotspot Wifi Password and not the hotspot name. The hotspot name is what is displayed when searching wifi networks to connect to from the device you'd like to use. The Hotspot Wifi Password which is editable within personal hotspot settings is just the password you choose and then enter on the other device to authenticate the connection.

By default the hotspot password is usually quite secure so people tend to enter the wrong case or mistake an "I" (capital i) for an "l" (lowercase L). This is usually why they struggle to connect assuming their carrier hasn't restricted the use of personal hotspot tethering. By changing the hotspot wifi password to something more familiar you eliminate an incorrectly entered password which I suspect was the case for you? Glad you're up and running now though!
    04-28-2015 10:41 PM
    There is no setting to change the name of your SSID on the iPhone...only the device name itself.
    04-28-2015 11:49 PM
    Sorry I meant that you change the device name which changes the name of the hotspot. Before I did that I could never connect to hotspot I made with this phone. After the change I never have had problems.
    04-30-2015 02:38 AM
    Sorry I meant that you change the device name which changes the name of the hotspot. Before I did that I could never connect to hotspot I made with this phone. After the change I never have had problems.
    I bet it was due to your device you're using to connect had the credentials on your old iPhone saved but the device names were the same! For example if you have an iphone names Paul's iPhone and you connect to it from another device then get a new iPhone also names Paul's iPhone but with a different default hotspot password the device you're using caches the original password and presumes it's the same device. By changing the device name you have just triggered your other device to think it's a new connection. Try forgetting or removing any saved wifi networks in your other device if it happens again and then it will forget the original password.
    Miska Hietala likes this.
    04-30-2015 05:59 PM
38 12