Left part of keyboard not always working... help needed!

Targaryen007

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Guys,

Since about 2/3 weeks I'm experiencing strange issues with my keyboard.
When I'm in the middle of a chat (no matter what app... WhatsApp, Facebook messenger or whatever) sometimes the left side of the keyboard stops to function.
It seems to ALWAYS occur on the left side of the keyboard.

- At first I thought it was my screen, but when I push the home button, I can access all the screen space, and when I switch back to the app where the keyboard isn't working... the keyboard is still having issues.

This issue doesn't happen every time, but just occassionally.
-------------
* I hoped that with 8.3 this issue would be over, but it still occurs every now and then.
Does anyone else have these keyboard issues?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've yet to experience anything like that. Are you certain you're not mistyping on the left side of the screen?

Targaryen007

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I've yet to experience anything like that. Are you certain you're not mistyping on the left side of the screen?

Haha, no... I wasn't drunk. :tongue:
I repeatedly pressed several buttons, but most of the left side of the keyboard doesn't work at those kind of moments.
So it's definitely some sort of bug I assume.
And since the screen acts perfectly normal again when I minimize the app, it has to be something on the software side.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
By the way, are you us big the native keyboard or one of the 3rd-party keyboards. If it's the native keyboard, I recommend doing a clean install of iOS 8.3. It also won't hurt to make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store just in case.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
With the assumption that there was no water damage to your phone, it's still under warranty. I'd suggest contacting Apple or visiting a store to have someone look at it.

Joan The B

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
This has happened to me on three occasions. I just take the sim card out and replace it. Works every time. I googled directions on how to remove the sim card on my phone. Easy

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods