Connecting my iPhone to a computer shows 4 photo folders, but only 2 exist on the phone. Why?

crunco

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi

When I connect my new iPhone 6 and open the device on the computer, I have 4 folders appear with pictures - each with about 20 photos ...
on the phone itself I have only 2 folders.

I tried to transfer the images to ONE folder, but can't copy / cut the images folder.

Thank assistants

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: issue with folder device iphone

Do you have any third party apps that contain photos? If so, the folders could belong to them.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi

When I connect my new iPhone 6 and open the device on the computer, I have 4 folders appear with pictures - each with about 20 photos ...
on the phone itself I have only 2 folders.

I tried to transfer the images to ONE folder, but can't copy / cut the images folder.

Thank assistants

What are the Folder,Or Album, titles?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
They are probably the third party folders created within the Photos app. Open the photos app on your iphone and see if you have multiple folders aswell as the camera roll and that's probably what they are.

crunco

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I dont have any app photo.

Here is the devise with folders:

I tried to delete one of those folders but i got an error.

Attachments

• 33.PNG
    33.PNG
    34.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I dont have any app photo.

Here is the devise with folders:

I tried to delete one of those folders but i got an error.

Sorry to be clearer show us a screen grab on the photos app on your iPhone showing the albums views. You should have camera roll and deleted items and if you have any more than these two albums showing on your iphone then that's likely the cause of the additional storage folders within windows explorer. Copy the photos out of each folder and into one folder on your PC first then you can go and delete the albums directly on your iphone and next time you will only see one folder unless there's a corruption along the way on your iphone storage.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2