Hello all,

I've finally been able to upgrade my iPhone to an iPhone 6 and have been having ongoing issues with the battery life. I've had the phone for at least a month, so I don't think it's a background Spotlight issue, in fact, I've even disabled Spotlight and many of the other System settings with regards to Location Services, Notification, Screen brightness, Cellular usage on per-app basis... I've micromanaged my device almost to the point of being a "dumb phone" while trying to locate the cause of the battery drain. The only point of interest into what might be hitting my battery at this point is the alarms is have set in the Clock app.

I have 4-5 Alarms programmed that I use throughout the weekdays. (No alarms for the weekends.) When I go to sleep with a fully charged iPhone on the weekdays, I wake up six hours later to find its battery depleted [while in Standby] to less than 50%. On the weekends, the battery depletes by about 4% for the same duration. Throughout the weekday, starting with a fully charged device, my iPhone battery runs down from 100% to 30-40% within 6 hours. It mostly sits on my desk at work with the exception of some light messaging and occasional phone call and utility app usage. For the weekends... The battery last all day with the same approximated load or usage, easy peasy.

The only point of interest that I've been able to suspect might be the cause for the battery drain is the alarms I have set. [The Clock app never runs in the background, by the way.] I have a serious habit of quitting any app that I won't be using within five minutes of first usage. Having said that, there are no other apps persisting in the background either, save for periodic persistence of the Messages app. My weekday and weekend Messages activity remains fairly steadily balanced throughout the week.

Has anyone else out there with battery issues had the same thought? Any ideas WHY the Clock app [if it IS the culprit] might be hitting my iPhone's battery so hard? Any suggestions on how can I alleviate this issue (aside from using my previous iPhone as an alarm keeper instead of my new iPhone)?
    Anybody have any ideas or special incites?

*Further note, I set the phone up as a new phone, without any Restore From Backup. I have even tried restoring the phone and setting up as new at least once.
    04-05-2015 10:13 AM
    Settings>> General>> Usage>> Battery Usage.... that will tell you.
    04-05-2015 02:36 PM
    Indeed, I have used this option often and none of the apps ever listed seem to be hitting the battery too hard.

On another note, though, I recently contacted [AT&T] regarding the lack of LTE service on my device and following the the AT&T tech(s) performing their mojo-magics on their end as well as the network restarts on my end, the battery life has been phenomenally better. After returning home from work today, i find that my iPhone 6 is sitting w/a charge of 92% after a typical day of on-the-go usage as apposed to the 30-40% remaining after the same conditions. Massive improvement.

Dare I say that the issue was possible tied to an AT&T network issue? Something that was constantly causing the phone to use network access for something?

I will continue to monitor.

04-06-2015 05:57 PM
    If you're in a bad cell area then your phone is constantly searching for a better signal. That could definitely have a draining effect on your device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-06-2015 06:03 PM
    I use about 6 alarms in the clock app. Daily. I see no battery issue from it. It will use some battery. But that's normal. If you have done all you can in Settings to save battery without ruining your experience, then it's most likely ok. The list of apps in settings that shows which apps are using battery is mostly useless. It only tells you which apps you use a lot. Doesn't mean anything, except where you might cut back. But it doesn't mean they are battery hogs. If you are worried about your battery, take this test. It will tell you if your battery has a problem. Most likely you just use your phone a lot and use a lot of battery like I do.
    Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute . If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-06-2015 06:34 PM
    After a week of testing, I've been able to conclude that it was certainly an issue with AT&T. After the network reset (on both ends) my battery life has been much, much, much better.

Woohoo!
    04-10-2015 06:46 PM