Help! My iPhone 6 has been acting up for a couple of days but it has seemed to has fixed itself and has been working fine. I have a replacement on the way should I keep my phone or take the refurbished one, does anyone have experience with this situation?
    04-01-2015 10:54 PM
    Software can act up on any phone, so I would compare hardware. If yours maybe has a scuff on it or something and the replacement doesn't I'd take the replacement, but if your phone is fine physically, just keep it.
    Will Brady likes this.
    04-02-2015 12:13 AM
    I've always maintained that if you have a device that has some kind of issue at one point...to the extent that you would request or seek out a replacement...that it would behoove you to go with the replacement, as the problem that is, for the time being alleviated, may come back to haunt you later, and that could happen beyond your warranty period, which would make you regret not switching to the replacement device.

And in that regard, there really is no downside to taking the replacement one...worst case, you have to replace it again if it has the same issue (which is unlikely), and the warranty will end at the same time, so that won't effect anything either.
    Will Brady likes this.
    04-02-2015 12:35 AM
    How are refurbished phones ?
    04-02-2015 04:42 AM
    The replacement I received for my issues was worse than my phone. I sent it back. That was with T-Mobile though. Don't trust their "refurbished" phones.
    04-02-2015 05:17 AM
    I have t mobile
    04-02-2015 07:01 AM
    How are refurbished phones ?
    In my experience, refurbs that come from Apple are as good as new. Apple goes through them, replaces the case, and any parts that it deems needing replaced. Then they are tested before being sent out.

I cannot speak to refurbs that come from another source.
    04-02-2015 10:27 AM
    I'm with those who said that refurbished replacement phones from T-Mobile are terrible my phone had a some crazy things happening and then I restored and they seem to have disappeared, but when I received my T-Mobile replacement it was packaged terribly the plastic covering the screen was gnarly looking very dirty land there was a lot of micro scratches all over the apple logo, not to mention the in even backlight on the the new one so I called told them I didn't want it and sent it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-02-2015 01:40 PM
    What does acting up mean?

What version of iOS are you running?
    04-02-2015 02:29 PM
    I have never had a problem with the refurbished iPhones and I have been through a few over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-02-2015 02:33 PM
    By acting I mean random reboots stuck on Apple logo and drop calls
    04-02-2015 02:58 PM
    Refurbs are good phones. But you may just need to restore your current phone as new or from a back up. Either way, it'll work.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-02-2015 03:01 PM
    Is the reason to get a replacement from T-Mo because of no Apple Store in your area?
    04-02-2015 03:13 PM
    I have insurance through tMobile
    04-02-2015 11:01 PM
    I have insurance through tMobile
    Have you tried to restore the phone as new? I would try that first, then if the problem were still there, I'd get the refurbished phone.

04-03-2015 08:58 AM
    Why would u not take the replacement
    04-03-2015 10:53 AM
    Why would u not take the replacement
    There's a lot of issues a restore cures. It takes less time than ordering a refurb. But are you going to order a replacement everytime some issue comes up you can fix yourself?

Will Brady likes this.
    04-03-2015 02:08 PM
    Update: I sent the refurb back as soon as the ups man came to my house I did a quick inspection on the refurbished iphone 6 and I discovered a big scratch on the apple logo and the plastic was off of the phone, glad I didn't accept the phone after a restore my phone is working perfectly now .
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    04-03-2015 04:48 PM
    Update: I sent the refurb back as soon as the ups man came to my house I did a quick inspection on the refurbished iphone 6 and I discovered a big scratch on the apple logo and the plastic was off of the phone, glad I didn't accept the phone after a restore my phone is working perfectly now .
    Is there a reason why you didn't take it directly to Apple for a replacement? Just because you bought it with Tmobile and have insurance through them doesn't mean you can't still take advantage of Apple's in store customer service and have it replaced on site under warranty. They'll even open the box for you to ensure it is cosmetically sound.

As far as the question about replacements...in my experience, iPhone refurbs are as good or better than new 99.9999% of the time.
    04-04-2015 10:06 PM
    I understand that a lot of people are wary of replacement phones, both warranty and insurance replacements. What you have to realize though is that it's mostly unfounded. Thousands of replacement phones are processed by the 4 big carriers every day and if every single one of them were as poorly maintained as the people here who say they don't trust refurbs would suggest, nobody would ever get their cell phones replaced. When something works right, it's business as usual and nobody tells those stories, but the second something goes wrong or there's an inconvenience, people love to cry about it.

That said, them sending you one with cosmetic damage is unusual. I've been in one of those testing centers and the amount of inspection they do is exhaustive. Glad your original is working again!
    04-05-2015 09:49 AM
    I understand that a lot of people are wary of replacement phones, both warranty and insurance replacements. What you have to realize though is that it's mostly unfounded. Thousands of replacement phones are processed by the 4 big carriers every day and if every single one of them were as poorly maintained as the people here who say they don't trust refurbs would suggest, nobody would ever get their cell phones replaced. When something works right, it's business as usual and nobody tells those stories, but the second something goes wrong or there's an inconvenience, people love to cry about it.

That said, them sending you one with cosmetic damage is unusual. I've been in one of those testing centers and the amount of inspection they do is exhaustive. Glad your original is working again!
    I was thinking the same earlier. And you're right. They do an excellent job with the replacement phones. The ones I've seen from Verizon look brand new. Thanks for sharing!

04-05-2015 11:09 PM