Why doesn't my iPhone 6 always vibrate?

I

iMore Question

Iphone 6 doesn't always vibrate

Hey all, just got my new iphone 6 for a few days. i've always had an iphone but went to android a couple of years ago. now finally back with iphone. So i have basic knowledge with IOS. now lets hop to my question.

Most of the time i have my iphone on mute(vibrate only) duiring the day i receive a lot of whatsapp messages. but i noticed that my phone don't vibrate at all the messages.

for example, i have an groupchat, when someone starts talking it vibrates. but after that it won't vibrate anymore until they remain quiet. and if they start talking again it wil vibrate just one time. until they keep quiet again. its not only in an groupchat also i have an conversation with one person.

is this normal? can i adjust it so it will vibrate at EVERY message?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Iphone 6 doesn't always vibrate

Not sure about the whatsapp but in the message app if it's open and active you will not get a notification

Waylikemark

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

I've contacted apple support. they said to me that's it's an bug in whatsapp. So if you're experiencing the same problem. please report it to whatsapp. that's also what the guys from apple said to me.

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I've contacted apple support. they said to me that's it's an bug in whatsapp. So if you're experiencing the same problem. please report it to whatsapp. that's also what the guys from apple said to me.

Welcome to iMore

Well done and thanks for the info

Enjoy our site and Post Often

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

That's how it is with many issues. It's often with the app and not the phone.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

BharadwajGali

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site

Go to settings andthen go to notifications then turn off group by app so that for every whats app message your phone will vibrate.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox