I went to back up/sync my iPhone 6 and on the summary page in iTunes it said that 72GB was taken up by "other" .. Now, I've had, at most, maybe 2GB before - but 72GB?! ... I have the 128GB iPhone, and I've had my entire iTunes library of music loaded (about 8,500 songs), and about 18 movies .. However, with this last sync, all my music was deleted from my iPhone, and when I try to put it back on, it says "Over limit by 40GB" .. No movies are on my iPhone anymore either. I have less than 200 pics, and I usually only have 4 or 5 iMessage/SMS threads. I have, maybe, 30-35 apps. So where the heck is all this 72GB of "other" coming from?! It's taking up way too much of my space, obviously, and preventing me from having any of my media on my iPhone.

Please help? ... BTW, running iOS 8.2, with AT&T, if that matters.
    03-29-2015 01:21 AM
    UPDATE: ... FIXED IT!! .. Basically, after researching, what happened was when you cancel an iTunes sync mid-sync or mid-backup, sometimes it can corrupt your media files, which is what happened .. I cancelled mid-sync a while back .. so by corrupting your media files, you iPhone will get all the music and data file and it will still take up space on your device but it won’t be accessible on your device - you won’t be able to find it. Which is what happened, my videos and music weren’t on my iPhone anymore and all that GB transferred from “music” and “video” category to “other” category .. What I had to do was download this program called DiskAid, which turns your iPhone into a flash drive format. When I did that on my MacBook, I was able to access the system folders and navigate to the iTunes folder on my iPhone - which I then had to delete all media files in that iTunes folder. Then reboot my iPhone, and VOILA! The “other” has been eliminated and now I can put my media back on it.
    03-29-2015 02:07 AM
    UPDATE: ... FIXED IT!! .. Basically, after researching, what happened was when you cancel an iTunes sync mid-sync or mid-backup, sometimes it can corrupt your media files, which is what happened .. I cancelled mid-sync a while back .. so by corrupting your media files, you iPhone will get all the music and data file and it will still take up space on your device but it wont be accessible on your device - you wont be able to find it. Which is what happened, my videos and music werent on my iPhone anymore and all that GB transferred from music and video category to other category .. What I had to do was download this program called DiskAid, which turns your iPhone into a flash drive format. When I did that on my MacBook, I was able to access the system folders and navigate to the iTunes folder on my iPhone - which I then had to delete all media files in that iTunes folder. Then reboot my iPhone, and VOILA! The other has been eliminated and now I can put my media back on it.
    You can also just restore and load your backup from iCloud and get same result .. Other has been a pain for a while not sure why Apple has not fixed this by now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-29-2015 05:05 AM