Using the iPhone 6 without any case/cover?

keithr1475

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I would love to go naked (my phone that is) but the thing is just to slippery without one. It's also too thin. I need something to hold on too. But I still love my iPhone 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I prefer mine without a case. Mostly due to the sleek appeal of the form factor. Cases just add bulk in my eyes. I do have one case, a Lifeproof (for when I go on climbing trips), but other than when I'm out in the mountains I keep it caseless. I've even dropped mine caseless a couple of times to a polished concrete floor and its survived. No cracks, dents, or major scratches. Its aged beautifully.

Rishi Desai

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I was using my iPhone 6 without a case for about a week and with my luck I dropped it out of lap while getting out of the car and it fell onto concrete. I've got two nice dents in the aluminum right by the mute switch and down by the speaker. Put a case on!!!

falcon511

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Yeah i do actually. I have had both iphones and android phones and bought cases for all of them and screen protectors along with the case.

I use the pelican pro gear protector case, which was $40 at ATT.

And a invisbleshield glass screen protector.

I actually was at the gym the other night on the eliptical and reach for my iphone to change songs. I had a clumsy moment and it went flying out of my hand, hit the machine next to me and landed on its face. Was in perfect condition inside that case. If i didnt have one id already have scuffs or even a cracked screen. Also i dont want to take any chance of it bending while in my pocket so hopefully this could help a bit.

rdmedina7

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
As much as I want to use my new Space Gray 6 w/o a case, it's too hard. But I scored this week on a Dynex TPU case on clearance for $5 and got myself a quick steal at the swap meet for an anti-glare screen protector for another $5. Slim and protected. ✌️

anon(785719)

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Someone on YouTube does a drop test with the htc one m9 and the iPhone 6 and they both hold up insanely well. He drops the phone from face level onto the screen and it doesn't break.

I am not saying to go caseless (I often do with my 5s though) but I think the phone is more durable than people think. If you throw a glass tempered screen protector on the front (iPhone screens tend to scratch easier than competitors IMO) I think you would be good. That's if you don't mind the back of the phone getting scratched and scuffed.

ChunkyBunny2

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
To anyone who doesn't use a case, how do you sit your phone down on a table? I wouldn't want to scratch or break the camera, since its protruding and easier to break. I also don't want to scratch my screen.

BlueAquarian

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
That one time I took my iphone out of my case to clean it I dropped it with glass screen and shattered. Never again..I had to pay the 69.00 for Apple to replace my phone.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I am going caseless, but the 6 is so slippery (especially after washing my hands). I may try to get some cheap screen protector to apply to the back of it to give it grip. I have a body case or whatever from Walmart ($5) but the phone was made slim and beautiful and I want to use it that way. I just don't get why they made it so slippery...

Sandwhichx

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
cases make your phone beautiful and different.

Exactly the reason why I use cases lol! My previous iPhone (4s) always had a case on it just for looks rather than protection. My favorite thing about having an iPhone is how easy it is to get cute cases at a cheap price :)

The current iPhone models are beautiful "naked" though so I think it's definitely worth getting a clear case or a bumper case

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2