Battery drain Apps on the iPhone 6

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
List apps that drain the battery way too much.

Flipboard - this news app drains the battery big time. Looking for a news app that is much better in terms of battery life.

Chrome - Probably the browser that drains the battery the most. Dolphin is much much better.

Not an app but the HOME & LOCK SCREEN... what causes this to drain the battery still haven't figured it out. Maybe the home screen widgets? the notifications? low signal?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure it's the app itself or the settings associated with the apps? For example, push notifications, location services, background refresh, having access to cellular data, etc.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure it's the app itself or the settings associated with the apps? For example, push notifications, location services, background refresh, having access to cellular data, etc.

Push notifications, location services and background refreshing are all off for the apps I mentioned.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Home and Lock Screen represents the amount of time that those processes used phone resources (CPU, memory, graphics, network, storage, screen) that in turn use the battery. The % Battery Usage on my 6+ for that is 27% for the past seven days. I consider that to be fine as I use the home and lock screen frequently when interacting with the phone.

I also have Flipboard, generally use it from 20-30 minutes in the evening. It's using 1% battery for the same seven day period. I have the same settings as you do. May not hurt to uninstall it, restart phone, then reinstall and see if that makes a difference.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods