iPhone 6 Battery

misterblaker

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
So I have had a 6 Plus since release and I am in love with the phone buuuut I find myself missing that smaller size of the 5S for portability. So I got the 6 to try out for a week and I loved it BUT the battery life was horrendous. Coming from the 6 Plus, it seemed the 6 was just gulping the battery juice. So I asked my friend who has the 6 what his experience has been and he said the first couple weeks his battery life wasn't great but after that it began to improve as the battery has gone through a couple cycles. What's everyone else's experience? Same? Different? I'm on my phone a lot. Text, Twitter, FB, Instagram, Vine, etc.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
From my experience with the 6 ever since launch day, the battery was fantastic at first. Then after a few months, I ended up bringing the wall charger with me everyday. Now that I have the 6+ , I don't need to carry the charger with me as it lasts me all day and then some. It depends on your usage and your carrier's coverage in your area too. I agree with the whole missing the smaller size because I held my friend's 6 the other day and I sort of missed it but then I thought it was really small lol

EchoOne30

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Since its new I'm on it constantly and of course it dies on the faster side. But last Sunday we were visiting family and I barely touched it, the battery barely dropped. Got home after a ~10 hour visit with barely 15% gone. I was pretty impressed.

MDsmartphone

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
My ip6 generally comes off charger around 6 am and by 10 pm I'm generally close to 25% left. I am a heavy user with constant twitter and email checks, text messaging, light Web browsing, flip board news reading, and various medical apps. I always have my phone in a slim battery case in case I'm on call so that it gives my phone the extra boost. So I am very satisfied with the battery life. Just make sure you are in areas where your wifi or lte signal is solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blakew23

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
My ip6 generally comes off charger around 6 am and by 10 pm I'm generally close to 25% left. I am a heavy user with constant twitter and email checks, text messaging, light Web browsing, flip board news reading, and various medical apps. I always have my phone in a slim battery case in case I'm on call so that it gives my phone the extra boost. So I am very satisfied with the battery life. Just make sure you are in areas where your wifi or lte signal is solid.

What slim battery case do you use?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
So I have had a 6 Plus since release and I am in love with the phone buuuut I find myself missing that smaller size of the 5S for portability. So I got the 6 to try out for a week and I loved it BUT the battery life was horrendous. Coming from the 6 Plus, it seemed the 6 was just gulping the battery juice. So I asked my friend who has the 6 what his experience has been and he said the first couple weeks his battery life wasn't great but after that it began to improve as the battery has gone through a couple cycles. What's everyone else's experience? Same? Different? I'm on my phone a lot. Text, Twitter, FB, Instagram, Vine, etc.

Mine was great at first, then like another user posted it's gone downhill. I find in standby mode the battery life is great, but with active use it drains really quickly. When I'm at work and can't check my phone very often I can go through a 10 hour shift and only lose maybe 3-5% with a few texts and checking a few emails. When I'm off however and browse the web, text more heavily, etc. the battery dies pretty fast.

Edit: If you're a FB user I suggest ditching the app and using the browser version. That thing is a battery and memory hog like no other app!

Teemu2

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I usually get about 8 hours of usage per charge. Good for a full day with a slight bit of worry come evening time.